Sep 19, 2012, 11:24 AM EDT
One of the KHL’s biggest clubs is making a massive push for NHL talent during the lockout.
Datsyuk played for one of Moscow’s other famous teams, HC Dynamo, during the last work stoppage, alongside a talented 18-year-old by the name of Alexander Ovechkin.
Bryzgalov didn’t return to Russia during the last lockout, opting to play with AHL Cincinnati, but is on record saying he’d go to the KHL in the event of a work stoppage this season.
The team is led by ex-NHLers Radulov, Denis Arkhipov, Vladimir Zharkov, Oleg Kvasha and Sergei Shirokov and is reportedly in talks with New Jersey defenseman Anton Volchenkov.
Volchenkov is a graduate of the CSKA hockey school and played one season with the senior team before joining the Ottawa Senators in 2002-03.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)