Sep 15, 2012, 11:11 PM EST
(Let’s take a moment for a wave of “too bad the Phoenix Coyotes don’t have a no-movement clause” jokes.)
It’s well-documented that the Coyotes’ captain has spent his entire NHL career with the Winnipeg/Phoenix franchise, so it shouldn’t be surprising that he received an NMC. Especially considering the many free agent suitors he attracted.
On the other hand, many will view that clause as a risk.
Doan will turn 36 in October and while he’s been remarkably durable for a power forward, his rugged style could wear his body down.
He scored 22 goals and 50 points in 79 games during the franchise’s most successful season yet.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 0
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 9
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 24
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)