Sep 15, 2012, 11:11 PM EDT
(Let’s take a moment for a wave of “too bad the Phoenix Coyotes don’t have a no-movement clause” jokes.)
It’s well-documented that the Coyotes’ captain has spent his entire NHL career with the Winnipeg/Phoenix franchise, so it shouldn’t be surprising that he received an NMC. Especially considering the many free agent suitors he attracted.
On the other hand, many will view that clause as a risk.
Doan will turn 36 in October and while he’s been remarkably durable for a power forward, his rugged style could wear his body down.
He scored 22 goals and 50 points in 79 games during the franchise’s most successful season yet.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)