Sep 15, 2012, 11:11 PM EDT
(Let’s take a moment for a wave of “too bad the Phoenix Coyotes don’t have a no-movement clause” jokes.)
It’s well-documented that the Coyotes’ captain has spent his entire NHL career with the Winnipeg/Phoenix franchise, so it shouldn’t be surprising that he received an NMC. Especially considering the many free agent suitors he attracted.
On the other hand, many will view that clause as a risk.
Doan will turn 36 in October and while he’s been remarkably durable for a power forward, his rugged style could wear his body down.
He scored 22 goals and 50 points in 79 games during the franchise’s most successful season yet.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 19
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)