Sep 15, 2012, 11:11 PM EDT
(Let’s take a moment for a wave of “too bad the Phoenix Coyotes don’t have a no-movement clause” jokes.)
It’s well-documented that the Coyotes’ captain has spent his entire NHL career with the Winnipeg/Phoenix franchise, so it shouldn’t be surprising that he received an NMC. Especially considering the many free agent suitors he attracted.
On the other hand, many will view that clause as a risk.
Doan will turn 36 in October and while he’s been remarkably durable for a power forward, his rugged style could wear his body down.
He scored 22 goals and 50 points in 79 games during the franchise’s most successful season yet.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 47
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)