Sep 15, 2012, 7:53 PM EDT
With forwards such as Andrei Kostitsyn and Alex Radulov departing town, players like Smith and Colin Wilson are expected to take on larger offensive roles.
Smith did well in his rookie season, scoring 14 goals and 36 points in 72 games. Smith was especially effective out of the gate, collecting 25 of those points in his first 38 contests. He also played in two playoff games, earning one assist.
The 23-year-old forward still has a year left on his entry-level contract, so the Predators have him signed through 2014-15. His salary will match his $2 million cap hit each year.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22