Sep 15, 2012, 7:53 PM EDT
With forwards such as Andrei Kostitsyn and Alex Radulov departing town, players like Smith and Colin Wilson are expected to take on larger offensive roles.
Smith did well in his rookie season, scoring 14 goals and 36 points in 72 games. Smith was especially effective out of the gate, collecting 25 of those points in his first 38 contests. He also played in two playoff games, earning one assist.
The 23-year-old forward still has a year left on his entry-level contract, so the Predators have him signed through 2014-15. His salary will match his $2 million cap hit each year.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)