Sep 14, 2012, 3:59 PM EDT
From the good (and generous) people who gave you 3/1 odds the NHL and NHLPA wouldn’t reach a new collective-bargaining agreement by Sept. 15, online bookmaker Bovada has a few more lockout-related props for your consideration:
Ever the optimist, here’s how I’d bet:
—- No, Sidney Crosby won’t play in Europe. He’ll only consider going overseas if the NHL cancels its entire season, and I don’t think that will happen.
—- The lockout will end before Christmas. Santa Claus will get the two sides together.
—- Yes, the NHL will cancel some regular-season games. I may be an optimist, but I’m also a realist.
—- No, the Winter Classic won’t be canceled. (See: above.)
—- No, the entire season won’t be canceled. (See: above.)
—- Over. The players’ share of revenue will gradually diminish towards 50 percent from its current 57 percent over the course of a new CBA. It won’t get to 50-50 right away.
At this point, I should mention I picked the Pittsburgh Penguins to win the Stanley Cup.
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturay 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)