Sep 14, 2012, 3:59 PM EST
From the good (and generous) people who gave you 3/1 odds the NHL and NHLPA wouldn’t reach a new collective-bargaining agreement by Sept. 15, online bookmaker Bovada has a few more lockout-related props for your consideration:
Ever the optimist, here’s how I’d bet:
—- No, Sidney Crosby won’t play in Europe. He’ll only consider going overseas if the NHL cancels its entire season, and I don’t think that will happen.
—- The lockout will end before Christmas. Santa Claus will get the two sides together.
—- Yes, the NHL will cancel some regular-season games. I may be an optimist, but I’m also a realist.
—- No, the Winter Classic won’t be canceled. (See: above.)
—- No, the entire season won’t be canceled. (See: above.)
—- Over. The players’ share of revenue will gradually diminish towards 50 percent from its current 57 percent over the course of a new CBA. It won’t get to 50-50 right away.
At this point, I should mention I picked the Pittsburgh Penguins to win the Stanley Cup.
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 3
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 14
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 31
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 5
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 69
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 64
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 32
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)