Sep 14, 2012, 3:59 PM EDT
From the good (and generous) people who gave you 3/1 odds the NHL and NHLPA wouldn’t reach a new collective-bargaining agreement by Sept. 15, online bookmaker Bovada has a few more lockout-related props for your consideration:
Ever the optimist, here’s how I’d bet:
—- No, Sidney Crosby won’t play in Europe. He’ll only consider going overseas if the NHL cancels its entire season, and I don’t think that will happen.
—- The lockout will end before Christmas. Santa Claus will get the two sides together.
—- Yes, the NHL will cancel some regular-season games. I may be an optimist, but I’m also a realist.
—- No, the Winter Classic won’t be canceled. (See: above.)
—- No, the entire season won’t be canceled. (See: above.)
—- Over. The players’ share of revenue will gradually diminish towards 50 percent from its current 57 percent over the course of a new CBA. It won’t get to 50-50 right away.
At this point, I should mention I picked the Pittsburgh Penguins to win the Stanley Cup.
- Tortorella takes blame for top players’ struggles 6
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 33
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 68
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 33
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona