Sep 14, 2012, 3:59 PM EDT
From the good (and generous) people who gave you 3/1 odds the NHL and NHLPA wouldn’t reach a new collective-bargaining agreement by Sept. 15, online bookmaker Bovada has a few more lockout-related props for your consideration:
Ever the optimist, here’s how I’d bet:
—- No, Sidney Crosby won’t play in Europe. He’ll only consider going overseas if the NHL cancels its entire season, and I don’t think that will happen.
—- The lockout will end before Christmas. Santa Claus will get the two sides together.
—- Yes, the NHL will cancel some regular-season games. I may be an optimist, but I’m also a realist.
—- No, the Winter Classic won’t be canceled. (See: above.)
—- No, the entire season won’t be canceled. (See: above.)
—- Over. The players’ share of revenue will gradually diminish towards 50 percent from its current 57 percent over the course of a new CBA. It won’t get to 50-50 right away.
At this point, I should mention I picked the Pittsburgh Penguins to win the Stanley Cup.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 11
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 12
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 66
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 89
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)