Sep 14, 2012, 3:59 PM EST
From the good (and generous) people who gave you 3/1 odds the NHL and NHLPA wouldn’t reach a new collective-bargaining agreement by Sept. 15, online bookmaker Bovada has a few more lockout-related props for your consideration:
Ever the optimist, here’s how I’d bet:
—- No, Sidney Crosby won’t play in Europe. He’ll only consider going overseas if the NHL cancels its entire season, and I don’t think that will happen.
—- The lockout will end before Christmas. Santa Claus will get the two sides together.
—- Yes, the NHL will cancel some regular-season games. I may be an optimist, but I’m also a realist.
—- No, the Winter Classic won’t be canceled. (See: above.)
—- No, the entire season won’t be canceled. (See: above.)
—- Over. The players’ share of revenue will gradually diminish towards 50 percent from its current 57 percent over the course of a new CBA. It won’t get to 50-50 right away.
At this point, I should mention I picked the Pittsburgh Penguins to win the Stanley Cup.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 19
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 26
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 9
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 35
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)