Aug 26, 2012, 6:21 PM EDT
It appears that not every Dynamo Moscow executive is too eager to bring Alex Ovechkin to the KHL.
“I’m actually against it. And I don’t see any prestige in it,” Rotenberg said. “I think that Ovechkin isn’t necessary.”
That being said, he gave himself some wiggle room if fellow front office members push the subject.
“I don’t know. If they persuade me strongly,” Rotenberg said.
Perhaps it will come down to head coach Oleg Znarok, then, as Safronov essentially passed the buck to him too.
Ovechkin played with Dynamo Moscow before making the jump to the NHL, so there’s an obvious history between the player and team.
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 0
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 14
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)