Aug 26, 2012, 6:21 PM EDT
It appears that not every Dynamo Moscow executive is too eager to bring Alex Ovechkin to the KHL.
“I’m actually against it. And I don’t see any prestige in it,” Rotenberg said. “I think that Ovechkin isn’t necessary.”
That being said, he gave himself some wiggle room if fellow front office members push the subject.
“I don’t know. If they persuade me strongly,” Rotenberg said.
Perhaps it will come down to head coach Oleg Znarok, then, as Safronov essentially passed the buck to him too.
Ovechkin played with Dynamo Moscow before making the jump to the NHL, so there’s an obvious history between the player and team.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5