Aug 26, 2012, 6:21 PM EDT
It appears that not every Dynamo Moscow executive is too eager to bring Alex Ovechkin to the KHL.
“I’m actually against it. And I don’t see any prestige in it,” Rotenberg said. “I think that Ovechkin isn’t necessary.”
That being said, he gave himself some wiggle room if fellow front office members push the subject.
“I don’t know. If they persuade me strongly,” Rotenberg said.
Perhaps it will come down to head coach Oleg Znarok, then, as Safronov essentially passed the buck to him too.
Ovechkin played with Dynamo Moscow before making the jump to the NHL, so there’s an obvious history between the player and team.
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 18
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 52
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)