Aug 24, 2012, 7:32 PM EDT
It had previously been taken off that ballot by Arizona’s Superior Court.
Five for Howling’s Brendan Porter explains why the “sky isn’t falling” for the Phoenix Coyotes sale, though.
The most important thing to take away from today is that the sky is not falling on the Phoenix Coyotes deal. The city of Glendale still has the option of appealing this decision to the Arizona Supreme Court, and given the differing opinions on the meaning of some of SGN’s language, there is a very good chance the Supreme Court will take it up.
It’s also important to note that this does not in anyway change the lease agreement between the City of Glendale and Greg Jamison. The only thing that does potentially change is how Glendale pays for not just the lease, but other essential services. The city has made it clear on numerous occasions that the sales-tax increase is necessary for the city’s finances regardless of what happens at Jobing.Com Arena.
By Porter’s account, it appears that this is just another bump in the road for a process that’s seen many detours.
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 3
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 10
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 8
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 51
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 21
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury