Aug 24, 2012, 7:32 PM EST
It had previously been taken off that ballot by Arizona’s Superior Court.
Five for Howling’s Brendan Porter explains why the “sky isn’t falling” for the Phoenix Coyotes sale, though.
The most important thing to take away from today is that the sky is not falling on the Phoenix Coyotes deal. The city of Glendale still has the option of appealing this decision to the Arizona Supreme Court, and given the differing opinions on the meaning of some of SGN’s language, there is a very good chance the Supreme Court will take it up.
It’s also important to note that this does not in anyway change the lease agreement between the City of Glendale and Greg Jamison. The only thing that does potentially change is how Glendale pays for not just the lease, but other essential services. The city has made it clear on numerous occasions that the sales-tax increase is necessary for the city’s finances regardless of what happens at Jobing.Com Arena.
By Porter’s account, it appears that this is just another bump in the road for a process that’s seen many detours.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 19
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)