Aug 24, 2012, 7:32 PM EDT
It had previously been taken off that ballot by Arizona’s Superior Court.
Five for Howling’s Brendan Porter explains why the “sky isn’t falling” for the Phoenix Coyotes sale, though.
The most important thing to take away from today is that the sky is not falling on the Phoenix Coyotes deal. The city of Glendale still has the option of appealing this decision to the Arizona Supreme Court, and given the differing opinions on the meaning of some of SGN’s language, there is a very good chance the Supreme Court will take it up.
It’s also important to note that this does not in anyway change the lease agreement between the City of Glendale and Greg Jamison. The only thing that does potentially change is how Glendale pays for not just the lease, but other essential services. The city has made it clear on numerous occasions that the sales-tax increase is necessary for the city’s finances regardless of what happens at Jobing.Com Arena.
By Porter’s account, it appears that this is just another bump in the road for a process that’s seen many detours.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)