Aug 9, 2012, 10:59 AM EST
According to Mike Sunnucks of the Phoenix Business Journal, prospective Phoenix Coyotes owner Greg Jamison has secured investment money and “could soon close on the purchase.”
Sunnucks spoke with two sources claiming to have knowledge of the ongoing Coyotes ownership saga, sources who say Jamison now has the necessary investors and partners in place to keep the team in Glendale.
In late July, Jamison was reportedly $20 million short of the target goal for buying the Coyotes.
More, from Sunnucks:
The NHL, Jamison camp’s and city of Glendale gave no indication Wednesday that a final deal was close.
One source familiar with the deal said Jamison has secured the money and partners to buy the team and final details are being reviewed by the NHL.
Jamison has not disclosed his financial partners, investors or specifics of his ownership bid.
So, everybody wait with bated breath regarding this latest development.
In the meantime, feel free to focus on the Aug. 23 Arizona Court of Appeals hearing, where the Save Glendale Now group will appeal an earlier decision (by a lower Arizona court) to keep a sales tax measure off the upcoming November ballot.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 12
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)