Aug 9, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT
According to Mike Sunnucks of the Phoenix Business Journal, prospective Phoenix Coyotes owner Greg Jamison has secured investment money and “could soon close on the purchase.”
Sunnucks spoke with two sources claiming to have knowledge of the ongoing Coyotes ownership saga, sources who say Jamison now has the necessary investors and partners in place to keep the team in Glendale.
In late July, Jamison was reportedly $20 million short of the target goal for buying the Coyotes.
More, from Sunnucks:
The NHL, Jamison camp’s and city of Glendale gave no indication Wednesday that a final deal was close.
One source familiar with the deal said Jamison has secured the money and partners to buy the team and final details are being reviewed by the NHL.
Jamison has not disclosed his financial partners, investors or specifics of his ownership bid.
So, everybody wait with bated breath regarding this latest development.
In the meantime, feel free to focus on the Aug. 23 Arizona Court of Appeals hearing, where the Save Glendale Now group will appeal an earlier decision (by a lower Arizona court) to keep a sales tax measure off the upcoming November ballot.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)