Aug 9, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT
According to Mike Sunnucks of the Phoenix Business Journal, prospective Phoenix Coyotes owner Greg Jamison has secured investment money and “could soon close on the purchase.”
Sunnucks spoke with two sources claiming to have knowledge of the ongoing Coyotes ownership saga, sources who say Jamison now has the necessary investors and partners in place to keep the team in Glendale.
In late July, Jamison was reportedly $20 million short of the target goal for buying the Coyotes.
More, from Sunnucks:
The NHL, Jamison camp’s and city of Glendale gave no indication Wednesday that a final deal was close.
One source familiar with the deal said Jamison has secured the money and partners to buy the team and final details are being reviewed by the NHL.
Jamison has not disclosed his financial partners, investors or specifics of his ownership bid.
So, everybody wait with bated breath regarding this latest development.
In the meantime, feel free to focus on the Aug. 23 Arizona Court of Appeals hearing, where the Save Glendale Now group will appeal an earlier decision (by a lower Arizona court) to keep a sales tax measure off the upcoming November ballot.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 9
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 15
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 31
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 44
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 28
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 45
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)