Aug 9, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT
According to Mike Sunnucks of the Phoenix Business Journal, prospective Phoenix Coyotes owner Greg Jamison has secured investment money and “could soon close on the purchase.”
Sunnucks spoke with two sources claiming to have knowledge of the ongoing Coyotes ownership saga, sources who say Jamison now has the necessary investors and partners in place to keep the team in Glendale.
In late July, Jamison was reportedly $20 million short of the target goal for buying the Coyotes.
More, from Sunnucks:
The NHL, Jamison camp’s and city of Glendale gave no indication Wednesday that a final deal was close.
One source familiar with the deal said Jamison has secured the money and partners to buy the team and final details are being reviewed by the NHL.
Jamison has not disclosed his financial partners, investors or specifics of his ownership bid.
So, everybody wait with bated breath regarding this latest development.
In the meantime, feel free to focus on the Aug. 23 Arizona Court of Appeals hearing, where the Save Glendale Now group will appeal an earlier decision (by a lower Arizona court) to keep a sales tax measure off the upcoming November ballot.
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 0
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 2
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 10
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 26
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 12
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 68
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination