Aug 9, 2012, 10:59 AM EST
According to Mike Sunnucks of the Phoenix Business Journal, prospective Phoenix Coyotes owner Greg Jamison has secured investment money and “could soon close on the purchase.”
Sunnucks spoke with two sources claiming to have knowledge of the ongoing Coyotes ownership saga, sources who say Jamison now has the necessary investors and partners in place to keep the team in Glendale.
In late July, Jamison was reportedly $20 million short of the target goal for buying the Coyotes.
More, from Sunnucks:
The NHL, Jamison camp’s and city of Glendale gave no indication Wednesday that a final deal was close.
One source familiar with the deal said Jamison has secured the money and partners to buy the team and final details are being reviewed by the NHL.
Jamison has not disclosed his financial partners, investors or specifics of his ownership bid.
So, everybody wait with bated breath regarding this latest development.
In the meantime, feel free to focus on the Aug. 23 Arizona Court of Appeals hearing, where the Save Glendale Now group will appeal an earlier decision (by a lower Arizona court) to keep a sales tax measure off the upcoming November ballot.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (147)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)