Jul 11, 2012, 11:11 AM EST
The derby for teams to land Shane Doan is going to have to wait another week.
Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona reports Doan’s agent, Terry Bross, says the team captain is setting another deadline before deciding if it’s time to leave Phoenix thanks to the ongoing ownership situation.
“I would say if we don’t have an answer by the 16th (of July) it may be time to get serious about listening to other teams’ offers,” Doan’s agent, Terry Bross said Tuesday.
Bross, who’s been busy gauging the interest in Doan, also has to keep teams that are interested coming back to the table before settling on alternatives (e.g. Alex Semin). Setting another date helps keep the process alive. This also means Doan is doing everything possible to make sure the Coyotes remain his first priority.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)