Jul 11, 2012, 11:11 AM EDT
The derby for teams to land Shane Doan is going to have to wait another week.
Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona reports Doan’s agent, Terry Bross, says the team captain is setting another deadline before deciding if it’s time to leave Phoenix thanks to the ongoing ownership situation.
“I would say if we don’t have an answer by the 16th (of July) it may be time to get serious about listening to other teams’ offers,” Doan’s agent, Terry Bross said Tuesday.
Bross, who’s been busy gauging the interest in Doan, also has to keep teams that are interested coming back to the table before settling on alternatives (e.g. Alex Semin). Setting another date helps keep the process alive. This also means Doan is doing everything possible to make sure the Coyotes remain his first priority.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5