Jul 11, 2012, 11:11 AM EST
The derby for teams to land Shane Doan is going to have to wait another week.
Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona reports Doan’s agent, Terry Bross, says the team captain is setting another deadline before deciding if it’s time to leave Phoenix thanks to the ongoing ownership situation.
“I would say if we don’t have an answer by the 16th (of July) it may be time to get serious about listening to other teams’ offers,” Doan’s agent, Terry Bross said Tuesday.
Bross, who’s been busy gauging the interest in Doan, also has to keep teams that are interested coming back to the table before settling on alternatives (e.g. Alex Semin). Setting another date helps keep the process alive. This also means Doan is doing everything possible to make sure the Coyotes remain his first priority.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 19
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)