Jul 11, 2012, 11:11 AM EDT
The derby for teams to land Shane Doan is going to have to wait another week.
Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona reports Doan’s agent, Terry Bross, says the team captain is setting another deadline before deciding if it’s time to leave Phoenix thanks to the ongoing ownership situation.
“I would say if we don’t have an answer by the 16th (of July) it may be time to get serious about listening to other teams’ offers,” Doan’s agent, Terry Bross said Tuesday.
Bross, who’s been busy gauging the interest in Doan, also has to keep teams that are interested coming back to the table before settling on alternatives (e.g. Alex Semin). Setting another date helps keep the process alive. This also means Doan is doing everything possible to make sure the Coyotes remain his first priority.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 38
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1