Jul 10, 2012, 3:38 PM EDT
After failing to sign Zach Parise, the Pittsburgh Penguins have turned their attentions to a couple of other high-profile free agents to fill a top-six role on the wing.
The first, Shane Doan, is no surprise considering every other team in the league seems to be interested in bringing the rugged veteran aboard.
The second, Alex Semin, is more interesting given the opinions many hold about the 28-year-old Russian.
Pens coach Dan Bylsma has his own opinion.
A report out of Russia has Semin on the verge of signing a one-year deal with the Penguins.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)