Jul 10, 2012, 3:38 PM EST
After failing to sign Zach Parise, the Pittsburgh Penguins have turned their attentions to a couple of other high-profile free agents to fill a top-six role on the wing.
The first, Shane Doan, is no surprise considering every other team in the league seems to be interested in bringing the rugged veteran aboard.
The second, Alex Semin, is more interesting given the opinions many hold about the 28-year-old Russian.
Pens coach Dan Bylsma has his own opinion.
A report out of Russia has Semin on the verge of signing a one-year deal with the Penguins.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 13
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 19
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 17
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)