Jul 10, 2012, 3:38 PM EDT
After failing to sign Zach Parise, the Pittsburgh Penguins have turned their attentions to a couple of other high-profile free agents to fill a top-six role on the wing.
The first, Shane Doan, is no surprise considering every other team in the league seems to be interested in bringing the rugged veteran aboard.
The second, Alex Semin, is more interesting given the opinions many hold about the 28-year-old Russian.
Pens coach Dan Bylsma has his own opinion.
A report out of Russia has Semin on the verge of signing a one-year deal with the Penguins.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 52
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5