Jul 10, 2012, 3:38 PM EDT
After failing to sign Zach Parise, the Pittsburgh Penguins have turned their attentions to a couple of other high-profile free agents to fill a top-six role on the wing.
The first, Shane Doan, is no surprise considering every other team in the league seems to be interested in bringing the rugged veteran aboard.
The second, Alex Semin, is more interesting given the opinions many hold about the 28-year-old Russian.
Pens coach Dan Bylsma has his own opinion.
A report out of Russia has Semin on the verge of signing a one-year deal with the Penguins.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6