Jul 4, 2012, 3:44 PM EDT
Instead Shero will have to keep looking.
“If we could [find a winger to play with Crosby, it would be fantastic,” Shero said today, as per Seth Rorabaugh of the Post-Gazette. “It would make life a lot easier.”
Unrestricted free-agent wingers that could potentially fill the void include Shane Doan and Alex Semin. The former is waiting on the Coyotes’ ownership situation to clear up; the latter has a ton of talent, but his fair share of critics as well.
Do the Pens have the assets to get Bobby Ryan out of Anaheim in a trade?
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 10
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 8
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 33
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 56
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 88
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut