Jun 30, 2012, 4:17 PM EDT
Zach Parise‘s day on Sunday should prove to be a fascinating one. While it’s expected he’ll get a big offer from the Pittsburgh Penguins, he’ll be hanging in Toronto with his agents waiting to see what everyone else throws his way.
Parise’s agent Wade Arnott tells Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice that his client will be holed up in the offices of Newport Sports Management while the free agency frenzy kicks off Sunday afternoon.
“He’ll get in later tonight and we’ll walk through this one more time and see where things stand, but he’s always said he’s going to include the Devils whether it’s before we start tomorrow or after,” Arnott said.
Gulitti points out this follows the same method Brad Richards used during free agency last summer. Richards then signed with the New York Rangers, something Devils fans are hoping won’t happen with Parise. The New Jersey captain will have a host of offers to sort through including a possible monster proposal from the Minnesota Wild to play in his hometown.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)