Jun 30, 2012, 4:17 PM EDT
Zach Parise‘s day on Sunday should prove to be a fascinating one. While it’s expected he’ll get a big offer from the Pittsburgh Penguins, he’ll be hanging in Toronto with his agents waiting to see what everyone else throws his way.
Parise’s agent Wade Arnott tells Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice that his client will be holed up in the offices of Newport Sports Management while the free agency frenzy kicks off Sunday afternoon.
“He’ll get in later tonight and we’ll walk through this one more time and see where things stand, but he’s always said he’s going to include the Devils whether it’s before we start tomorrow or after,” Arnott said.
Gulitti points out this follows the same method Brad Richards used during free agency last summer. Richards then signed with the New York Rangers, something Devils fans are hoping won’t happen with Parise. The New Jersey captain will have a host of offers to sort through including a possible monster proposal from the Minnesota Wild to play in his hometown.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (42)