Jun 30, 2012, 4:17 PM EDT
Zach Parise‘s day on Sunday should prove to be a fascinating one. While it’s expected he’ll get a big offer from the Pittsburgh Penguins, he’ll be hanging in Toronto with his agents waiting to see what everyone else throws his way.
Parise’s agent Wade Arnott tells Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice that his client will be holed up in the offices of Newport Sports Management while the free agency frenzy kicks off Sunday afternoon.
“He’ll get in later tonight and we’ll walk through this one more time and see where things stand, but he’s always said he’s going to include the Devils whether it’s before we start tomorrow or after,” Arnott said.
Gulitti points out this follows the same method Brad Richards used during free agency last summer. Richards then signed with the New York Rangers, something Devils fans are hoping won’t happen with Parise. The New Jersey captain will have a host of offers to sort through including a possible monster proposal from the Minnesota Wild to play in his hometown.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)