Jun 30, 2012, 4:17 PM EDT
Zach Parise‘s day on Sunday should prove to be a fascinating one. While it’s expected he’ll get a big offer from the Pittsburgh Penguins, he’ll be hanging in Toronto with his agents waiting to see what everyone else throws his way.
Parise’s agent Wade Arnott tells Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice that his client will be holed up in the offices of Newport Sports Management while the free agency frenzy kicks off Sunday afternoon.
“He’ll get in later tonight and we’ll walk through this one more time and see where things stand, but he’s always said he’s going to include the Devils whether it’s before we start tomorrow or after,” Arnott said.
Gulitti points out this follows the same method Brad Richards used during free agency last summer. Richards then signed with the New York Rangers, something Devils fans are hoping won’t happen with Parise. The New Jersey captain will have a host of offers to sort through including a possible monster proposal from the Minnesota Wild to play in his hometown.
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 2
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 16
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 2
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)