Jun 30, 2012, 2:07 PM EDT
The race to get Zach Parise signed will take over in full tomorrow afternoon, but the sales pitches are already finding their way into the news.
Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports the Pittsburgh Penguins will pony up a monster offer for Parise in their effort to land a premiere scoring winger to play alongside Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.
A long-term deal worth $7-8 million per year for “many years” makes their offer a large one to start. Obviously it’s just a report but getting the amount of money per year gives you the idea of what kind of stratosphere we’re starting off with. For teams like the Red Wings, Wild, Devils, and Kings who are believed to also be in on Parise, the bar is set for them to dive in head first to go after the New Jersey captain.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 2
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 32
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 143
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 28
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (146)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)