Jun 30, 2012, 2:07 PM EDT
The race to get Zach Parise signed will take over in full tomorrow afternoon, but the sales pitches are already finding their way into the news.
Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports the Pittsburgh Penguins will pony up a monster offer for Parise in their effort to land a premiere scoring winger to play alongside Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.
A long-term deal worth $7-8 million per year for “many years” makes their offer a large one to start. Obviously it’s just a report but getting the amount of money per year gives you the idea of what kind of stratosphere we’re starting off with. For teams like the Red Wings, Wild, Devils, and Kings who are believed to also be in on Parise, the bar is set for them to dive in head first to go after the New Jersey captain.
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 12
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 49
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)