Jun 30, 2012, 2:07 PM EST
The race to get Zach Parise signed will take over in full tomorrow afternoon, but the sales pitches are already finding their way into the news.
Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports the Pittsburgh Penguins will pony up a monster offer for Parise in their effort to land a premiere scoring winger to play alongside Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.
A long-term deal worth $7-8 million per year for “many years” makes their offer a large one to start. Obviously it’s just a report but getting the amount of money per year gives you the idea of what kind of stratosphere we’re starting off with. For teams like the Red Wings, Wild, Devils, and Kings who are believed to also be in on Parise, the bar is set for them to dive in head first to go after the New Jersey captain.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (70)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)