Jun 30, 2012, 2:07 PM EDT
The race to get Zach Parise signed will take over in full tomorrow afternoon, but the sales pitches are already finding their way into the news.
Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports the Pittsburgh Penguins will pony up a monster offer for Parise in their effort to land a premiere scoring winger to play alongside Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.
A long-term deal worth $7-8 million per year for “many years” makes their offer a large one to start. Obviously it’s just a report but getting the amount of money per year gives you the idea of what kind of stratosphere we’re starting off with. For teams like the Red Wings, Wild, Devils, and Kings who are believed to also be in on Parise, the bar is set for them to dive in head first to go after the New Jersey captain.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 3
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 5
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)