Jun 26, 2012, 12:35 PM EDT
TSN’s Darren Dreger is “hearing” Adam Oates is the new head coach of the Washington Capitals. (In which case we’d be shocked if Oates wasn’t the new head coach of the Washington Capitals.)
Oates, the former NHL star that piled up 1,420 points in 1,337 games, has been an assistant coach in Tampa Bay and New Jersey since retiring following the 2003-04 season.
We wonder what the “worst athlete” in DC thinks about this hiring.
More to come.
Update: Nick Kypreos is also reporting Oates as new head coach in Washington.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39