Jun 26, 2012, 12:35 PM EDT
TSN’s Darren Dreger is “hearing” Adam Oates is the new head coach of the Washington Capitals. (In which case we’d be shocked if Oates wasn’t the new head coach of the Washington Capitals.)
Oates, the former NHL star that piled up 1,420 points in 1,337 games, has been an assistant coach in Tampa Bay and New Jersey since retiring following the 2003-04 season.
We wonder what the “worst athlete” in DC thinks about this hiring.
More to come.
Update: Nick Kypreos is also reporting Oates as new head coach in Washington.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25