Jun 26, 2012, 12:35 PM EST
TSN’s Darren Dreger is “hearing” Adam Oates is the new head coach of the Washington Capitals. (In which case we’d be shocked if Oates wasn’t the new head coach of the Washington Capitals.)
Oates, the former NHL star that piled up 1,420 points in 1,337 games, has been an assistant coach in Tampa Bay and New Jersey since retiring following the 2003-04 season.
We wonder what the “worst athlete” in DC thinks about this hiring.
More to come.
Update: Nick Kypreos is also reporting Oates as new head coach in Washington.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 19
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)