Jun 26, 2012, 12:35 PM EDT
TSN’s Darren Dreger is “hearing” Adam Oates is the new head coach of the Washington Capitals. (In which case we’d be shocked if Oates wasn’t the new head coach of the Washington Capitals.)
Oates, the former NHL star that piled up 1,420 points in 1,337 games, has been an assistant coach in Tampa Bay and New Jersey since retiring following the 2003-04 season.
We wonder what the “worst athlete” in DC thinks about this hiring.
More to come.
Update: Nick Kypreos is also reporting Oates as new head coach in Washington.
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 0
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)