Jun 9, 2012, 7:33 PM EDT
If there’s one thing Jonathan Quick hasn’t done a lot of this postseason, it’s lose games. Still, the fact that the Kings fell short on Wednesday and squandered their first of four chances to win the Stanley Cup isn’t enough to get him down.
“It’s 0-0,” Quick said. “It doesn’t matter if you’re coming off a win or coming off a loss. Obviously, it’s disappointing anytime you lose, no matter what the situation is. As of today it’s 0-0. You’re trying to win Game 1.”
Martin Brodeur has displayed a similar attitude in the Stanley Cup finals and it’s certainly not a bad thing that Quick has that in common with the future Hall of Famer.
Of course, it’s not Game 1 and even if Quick is able to approach this like a Game 1, but the New Jersey Devils will probably take a different approach. hey’re just one loss away from elimination and acknowledging that might be a motivating influence for New Jersey.
“That’s when your pride comes out, when your backs are against the wall and it’s do or die,” Williams said of New Jersey. “It was do or die for them, and they played great.”
The Devils probably will come out strong on Saturday, but beating a focused Quick is still a monumental task.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 23
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)