Jun 9, 2012, 7:33 PM EDT
If there’s one thing Jonathan Quick hasn’t done a lot of this postseason, it’s lose games. Still, the fact that the Kings fell short on Wednesday and squandered their first of four chances to win the Stanley Cup isn’t enough to get him down.
“It’s 0-0,” Quick said. “It doesn’t matter if you’re coming off a win or coming off a loss. Obviously, it’s disappointing anytime you lose, no matter what the situation is. As of today it’s 0-0. You’re trying to win Game 1.”
Martin Brodeur has displayed a similar attitude in the Stanley Cup finals and it’s certainly not a bad thing that Quick has that in common with the future Hall of Famer.
Of course, it’s not Game 1 and even if Quick is able to approach this like a Game 1, but the New Jersey Devils will probably take a different approach. hey’re just one loss away from elimination and acknowledging that might be a motivating influence for New Jersey.
“That’s when your pride comes out, when your backs are against the wall and it’s do or die,” Williams said of New Jersey. “It was do or die for them, and they played great.”
The Devils probably will come out strong on Saturday, but beating a focused Quick is still a monumental task.
- Discuss: Blackhawks push series to Game 6 22
- Report: Canucks ask Leafs permission to interview Eakins for head coaching gig 0
- Tortorella takes blame for top players’ struggles 18
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 46
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 68
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 36
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- Play Video: Highlights: Blackhawks stay alive
- Play Video: Bickell blasts Kronwall
- Play Video: Toews scores first goal of the playoffs
- Play Video: Howard with a couple of tremendous saves in Game 5
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins move onto Eastern Conference finals
- Play Video: Lundqvist takes one away from Lucic