Jun 9, 2012, 7:33 PM EDT
If there’s one thing Jonathan Quick hasn’t done a lot of this postseason, it’s lose games. Still, the fact that the Kings fell short on Wednesday and squandered their first of four chances to win the Stanley Cup isn’t enough to get him down.
“It’s 0-0,” Quick said. “It doesn’t matter if you’re coming off a win or coming off a loss. Obviously, it’s disappointing anytime you lose, no matter what the situation is. As of today it’s 0-0. You’re trying to win Game 1.”
Martin Brodeur has displayed a similar attitude in the Stanley Cup finals and it’s certainly not a bad thing that Quick has that in common with the future Hall of Famer.
Of course, it’s not Game 1 and even if Quick is able to approach this like a Game 1, but the New Jersey Devils will probably take a different approach. hey’re just one loss away from elimination and acknowledging that might be a motivating influence for New Jersey.
“That’s when your pride comes out, when your backs are against the wall and it’s do or die,” Williams said of New Jersey. “It was do or die for them, and they played great.”
The Devils probably will come out strong on Saturday, but beating a focused Quick is still a monumental task.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 97
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 12
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (117)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)