Jun 8, 2012, 7:01 PM EST
Even after winning Game 4 on Wednesday, the New Jersey Devils still have an uphill battle ahead of them. Martin Brodeur knows that as well as anyone, but he’s not letting the weight of the task at hand keep him down.
“I’m enjoying this ride,” said Brodeur. “Defintely, I’d like to have a little more success in the finals here. We’re still alive, still looking to create that success and win again.”
Although he hasn’t been perfect, Brodeur has given the Devils a chance to win on most nights during the Stanley Cup finals. The Devils problem has been beating Jonathan Quick, which Brodeur can’t directly help with. However, the confidence that Brodeur gives the Devils might be part of what’s kept them level-headed, even as their Cup hopes started to slip away.
“We feed off his composure,” Devils coach Pete DeBoer said. “He handles the puck so much, he has so many touches. He does it so effortlessly and without any panic in his game. And that has a real calming influence on our entire team. There’s very few moments when the pucks in your own end or around your net because of his composure.”
That calming influence will certainly help them as they try to stave off elimination on Saturday.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 155
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 121
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (155)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (121)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)