Jun 8, 2012, 7:01 PM EDT
Even after winning Game 4 on Wednesday, the New Jersey Devils still have an uphill battle ahead of them. Martin Brodeur knows that as well as anyone, but he’s not letting the weight of the task at hand keep him down.
“I’m enjoying this ride,” said Brodeur. “Defintely, I’d like to have a little more success in the finals here. We’re still alive, still looking to create that success and win again.”
Although he hasn’t been perfect, Brodeur has given the Devils a chance to win on most nights during the Stanley Cup finals. The Devils problem has been beating Jonathan Quick, which Brodeur can’t directly help with. However, the confidence that Brodeur gives the Devils might be part of what’s kept them level-headed, even as their Cup hopes started to slip away.
“We feed off his composure,” Devils coach Pete DeBoer said. “He handles the puck so much, he has so many touches. He does it so effortlessly and without any panic in his game. And that has a real calming influence on our entire team. There’s very few moments when the pucks in your own end or around your net because of his composure.”
That calming influence will certainly help them as they try to stave off elimination on Saturday.
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 4
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 28
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)