Jun 8, 2012, 7:01 PM EDT
Even after winning Game 4 on Wednesday, the New Jersey Devils still have an uphill battle ahead of them. Martin Brodeur knows that as well as anyone, but he’s not letting the weight of the task at hand keep him down.
“I’m enjoying this ride,” said Brodeur. “Defintely, I’d like to have a little more success in the finals here. We’re still alive, still looking to create that success and win again.”
Although he hasn’t been perfect, Brodeur has given the Devils a chance to win on most nights during the Stanley Cup finals. The Devils problem has been beating Jonathan Quick, which Brodeur can’t directly help with. However, the confidence that Brodeur gives the Devils might be part of what’s kept them level-headed, even as their Cup hopes started to slip away.
“We feed off his composure,” Devils coach Pete DeBoer said. “He handles the puck so much, he has so many touches. He does it so effortlessly and without any panic in his game. And that has a real calming influence on our entire team. There’s very few moments when the pucks in your own end or around your net because of his composure.”
That calming influence will certainly help them as they try to stave off elimination on Saturday.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 112
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (113)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)