May 20, 2012, 10:58 PM EST
As we previously reported, the Devils decided to mix things up for Sunday’s practice. Ilya Kovalchuk skated on the second line while Dainius Zubrus joined Travis Zajac and Zach Parise on the top line. Adam Henrique and Patrik Elias made up the other two-thirds of the second line.
Those are some pretty significant changes, but they’re not unwarranted given that the New York Rangers have already shut out the New Jersey Devils twice in the Eastern Conference finals. Still, Patrik Elias insists that these moves aren’t a sign that the team is panicking.
“There is no panic,” Elias said. “We’ll play the same way. We’re not going to make any drastic changes to our game at all. We feel like our game plan is the right one and we’ll stick to it.”
Devils coach Peter DeBoer added that he thought the team “generated a lot of quality chances” even if they didn’t score.
“I think the easy thing would be to stick with it and just hope you can come out the next game do the same thing and score, but we’ve decided to shuffle some things around and I think we’ll get some results from that,” DeBoer added.
We’ll find out on Monday.
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 0
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 9
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 3
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)