May 15, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT
The Rangers’ schedule in the playoffs has been a busy one. They’ve gone to seven games in each of their first two series and had just a day off before facing off with the Devils in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals last night. Just hearing about that is enough to make a regular person lose their breath, but the Rangers won’t be standing for any talk about being tired.
“I don’t know where you guys get all this stuff being tired. If we’re tired this time of the year, there’s something the matter,” Tortorella said. “We still have a month to play. You might as well not even ask me questions about being tired. We’re not a tired hockey club. We are ready to play.”
Note to self: Don’t ask the coach about being tired. We’ve heard this often from Tortorella and other players as well.
The Rangers might not be tired, but they’re on point about marching to the beat of the same drummer. There’s plenty of time to be tired when the season is over after all.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 29
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 8
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (29)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)