May 15, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT
The Rangers’ schedule in the playoffs has been a busy one. They’ve gone to seven games in each of their first two series and had just a day off before facing off with the Devils in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals last night. Just hearing about that is enough to make a regular person lose their breath, but the Rangers won’t be standing for any talk about being tired.
“I don’t know where you guys get all this stuff being tired. If we’re tired this time of the year, there’s something the matter,” Tortorella said. “We still have a month to play. You might as well not even ask me questions about being tired. We’re not a tired hockey club. We are ready to play.”
Note to self: Don’t ask the coach about being tired. We’ve heard this often from Tortorella and other players as well.
The Rangers might not be tired, but they’re on point about marching to the beat of the same drummer. There’s plenty of time to be tired when the season is over after all.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)