May 15, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT
The Rangers’ schedule in the playoffs has been a busy one. They’ve gone to seven games in each of their first two series and had just a day off before facing off with the Devils in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals last night. Just hearing about that is enough to make a regular person lose their breath, but the Rangers won’t be standing for any talk about being tired.
“I don’t know where you guys get all this stuff being tired. If we’re tired this time of the year, there’s something the matter,” Tortorella said. “We still have a month to play. You might as well not even ask me questions about being tired. We’re not a tired hockey club. We are ready to play.”
Note to self: Don’t ask the coach about being tired. We’ve heard this often from Tortorella and other players as well.
The Rangers might not be tired, but they’re on point about marching to the beat of the same drummer. There’s plenty of time to be tired when the season is over after all.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)