May 12, 2012, 12:27 PM EDT
Jay Beagle didn’t participate in Saturday’s practice. The morning skate was optional, but almost all of the Capitals’ healthy players were on the ice. Beagle also missed Game 6 after suffering a suspected leg injury in Game 5.
Capitals coach Dale Hunter called Beagle a “game-time decision,” but it would be somewhat surprising if he ended up playing.
The other noteworthy absentee was Alexander Semin. It’s worth noting that Semin has just one assist and a minus-two rating in his last eight games. Semin has also been limited to 13:22 and 13:33 minutes of ice time in Washington’s last two contests.
It’s not clear why Semin wasn’t on the ice with his teammates, but he’s still expected to play in Game 7.
The contest will start at 7:30pm ET and will air on NBCSN.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (37)