May 12, 2012, 12:27 PM EDT
Jay Beagle didn’t participate in Saturday’s practice. The morning skate was optional, but almost all of the Capitals’ healthy players were on the ice. Beagle also missed Game 6 after suffering a suspected leg injury in Game 5.
Capitals coach Dale Hunter called Beagle a “game-time decision,” but it would be somewhat surprising if he ended up playing.
The other noteworthy absentee was Alexander Semin. It’s worth noting that Semin has just one assist and a minus-two rating in his last eight games. Semin has also been limited to 13:22 and 13:33 minutes of ice time in Washington’s last two contests.
It’s not clear why Semin wasn’t on the ice with his teammates, but he’s still expected to play in Game 7.
The contest will start at 7:30pm ET and will air on NBCSN.
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 1
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 11
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33