May 12, 2012, 12:27 PM EDT
Jay Beagle didn’t participate in Saturday’s practice. The morning skate was optional, but almost all of the Capitals’ healthy players were on the ice. Beagle also missed Game 6 after suffering a suspected leg injury in Game 5.
Capitals coach Dale Hunter called Beagle a “game-time decision,” but it would be somewhat surprising if he ended up playing.
The other noteworthy absentee was Alexander Semin. It’s worth noting that Semin has just one assist and a minus-two rating in his last eight games. Semin has also been limited to 13:22 and 13:33 minutes of ice time in Washington’s last two contests.
It’s not clear why Semin wasn’t on the ice with his teammates, but he’s still expected to play in Game 7.
The contest will start at 7:30pm ET and will air on NBCSN.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 0
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 28
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 24
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)