May 12, 2012, 12:27 PM EDT
Jay Beagle didn’t participate in Saturday’s practice. The morning skate was optional, but almost all of the Capitals’ healthy players were on the ice. Beagle also missed Game 6 after suffering a suspected leg injury in Game 5.
Capitals coach Dale Hunter called Beagle a “game-time decision,” but it would be somewhat surprising if he ended up playing.
The other noteworthy absentee was Alexander Semin. It’s worth noting that Semin has just one assist and a minus-two rating in his last eight games. Semin has also been limited to 13:22 and 13:33 minutes of ice time in Washington’s last two contests.
It’s not clear why Semin wasn’t on the ice with his teammates, but he’s still expected to play in Game 7.
The contest will start at 7:30pm ET and will air on NBCSN.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)