May 12, 2012, 12:27 PM EDT
Jay Beagle didn’t participate in Saturday’s practice. The morning skate was optional, but almost all of the Capitals’ healthy players were on the ice. Beagle also missed Game 6 after suffering a suspected leg injury in Game 5.
Capitals coach Dale Hunter called Beagle a “game-time decision,” but it would be somewhat surprising if he ended up playing.
The other noteworthy absentee was Alexander Semin. It’s worth noting that Semin has just one assist and a minus-two rating in his last eight games. Semin has also been limited to 13:22 and 13:33 minutes of ice time in Washington’s last two contests.
It’s not clear why Semin wasn’t on the ice with his teammates, but he’s still expected to play in Game 7.
The contest will start at 7:30pm ET and will air on NBCSN.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5