May 11, 2012, 2:56 PM EDT
Jay Beagle didn’t practice again this morning and, according to CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley, the chances of the Capitals’ effective checking forward playing tomorrow in New York are “darkening.”
It’s believed Beagle suffered a leg injury when he blocked a shot in Game 5. He didn’t play Game 6, despite reporters being told earlier in the day that he was “fine” by coach Dale Hunter.
It’s not clear whether Beagle will be able to participate in tomorrow’s winner-take-all affair against the Rangers. At this point, the Capitals might not even know.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 23
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5