May 3, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Here’s the latest from Frank Seravalli of Philly.com:
Heading into Game 3, the ice conditions are the biggest thing to watch for the Flyers on an otherwise quiet Thursday morning. The Flyers held an optional morning skate after a brief practice on Wednesday.
Normally, they wouldn’t be too much of a problem, but it’s a perfect storm for the ice making staff in Newark.
That’s because New Jersey’s favorite son, Bruce Springsteen, made the sold out Prudential Center crowd roar late into the night on Wednesday. It was Springsteen’s final stop on tour before heading to Europe and unbelievably his first-ever concert in Newark.
With a late changeover, little time to work on the ice, and messy conditions outside, it could be an interesting morning. It’s supposed to be nearly 70 degrees in North Jersey on Thursday with 80 percent humidity.
This isn’t the first time the Prudential Center ice has come under fire — Panthers head coach Kevin Dineen ripped it prior to Game 3 of the opening round.
“If the quality of ice is anything like it was this morning at the skate, I don’t know,” Dineen said, as per The Star-Ledger. “I think their customer service probably will be pretty embarrassed to see that’s what they are putting out there for people to see.
“It made for a pretty sloppy morning. If the ice is anything like it was this morning, it will make for a very sloppy game. No fun for the fans. A lot of water out there.”
Of note: Florida went on to win 4-3, despite falling behind 3-0 just 6:16 into the game.
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 0
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 6
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 31
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)