Apr 17, 2012, 1:39 PM EST
After two games in Florida, the Devils and Panthers are in Newark tonight for Game 3 of their first-round series, currently tied at a game apiece.
And according to Panthers coach Kevin Dineen, they’ll be playing on slop, not ice, at the Prudential Center.
“If the quality of ice is anything like it was this morning at the skate, I don’t know,” Dineen said, as per The Star-Ledger. “I think their customer service probably will be pretty embarrassed to see that’s what they are putting out there for people to see.
“It made for a pretty sloppy morning. If the ice is anything like it was this morning, it will make for a very sloppy game. No fun for the fans. A lot of water out there.”
The New Jersey Nets played Miami last night at the Prudential Center and LeBron James was on fire. Maybe he melted the ice.
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 8
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 9
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 13
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 33
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2