May 2, 2012, 2:13 PM EDT
The Lindsay is a unique award in that it’s the only one voted on by the players themselves. Formerly known as the Lester B. Pearson, the Lindsay is named after Hockey Hall of Famer Ted Lindsay, who was instrumental in forming the NHLPA back in the 1950s.
Some things to consider:
— The Pearson/Lindsay and Hart Trophies have not always gone hand-in-hand. Last year, Vancouver’s Daniel Sedin won the Lindsay while Anaheim’s Corey Perry won the Hart. In 2009-10, Washington’s Alex Ovechkin won the Lindsay while Vancouver’s Henrik Sedin won the Hart.
— That said, most consider the Pearson/Lindsay to be a companion of the Hart, and with good reason. Thirteen players have won both in the same season: Guy Lafleur, Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Mark Messier, Brett Hull, Sergei Fedorov, Eric Lindtros, Dominik Hasek, Joe Sakic, Jaromir Jagr, Martin St. Louis, Sidney Crosby and Ovechkin.
— Ovechkin is the only player in NHL history to complete the Hart-Pearson-Art Ross-Richard trophy sweep.
Anyway, here’s the poll…
- All eyes on Lundqvist 0
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 8
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 25
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)