May 1, 2012, 11:11 AM EDT
It’s been seven days since the Chicago Blackhawks were eliminated from the postseason by the Phoenix Coyotes, but defenseman Sami Lepisto is still feeling the pain.
Here’s what the 27-year-old Finn posted yesterday to his Twitter account:
“This is why I shouldn’t be blocking slap shots!!” Lepisto tweeted.
Just so we’re clear, this bruise isn’t the culmination of a billion blocks or anything. NHL.com credits Lepisto with two blocked shots in three playoffs games, one of them coming in the Game 6 elimination contest against the Coyotes.
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 16
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)