May 1, 2012, 11:11 AM EDT
It’s been seven days since the Chicago Blackhawks were eliminated from the postseason by the Phoenix Coyotes, but defenseman Sami Lepisto is still feeling the pain.
Here’s what the 27-year-old Finn posted yesterday to his Twitter account:
“This is why I shouldn’t be blocking slap shots!!” Lepisto tweeted.
Just so we’re clear, this bruise isn’t the culmination of a billion blocks or anything. NHL.com credits Lepisto with two blocked shots in three playoffs games, one of them coming in the Game 6 elimination contest against the Coyotes.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)