May 1, 2012, 11:11 AM EDT
It’s been seven days since the Chicago Blackhawks were eliminated from the postseason by the Phoenix Coyotes, but defenseman Sami Lepisto is still feeling the pain.
Here’s what the 27-year-old Finn posted yesterday to his Twitter account:
“This is why I shouldn’t be blocking slap shots!!” Lepisto tweeted.
Just so we’re clear, this bruise isn’t the culmination of a billion blocks or anything. NHL.com credits Lepisto with two blocked shots in three playoffs games, one of them coming in the Game 6 elimination contest against the Coyotes.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)