May 1, 2012, 11:11 AM EDT
It’s been seven days since the Chicago Blackhawks were eliminated from the postseason by the Phoenix Coyotes, but defenseman Sami Lepisto is still feeling the pain.
Here’s what the 27-year-old Finn posted yesterday to his Twitter account:
“This is why I shouldn’t be blocking slap shots!!” Lepisto tweeted.
Just so we’re clear, this bruise isn’t the culmination of a billion blocks or anything. NHL.com credits Lepisto with two blocked shots in three playoffs games, one of them coming in the Game 6 elimination contest against the Coyotes.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 0
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 7
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 31
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 16
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)