May 1, 2012, 11:11 AM EST
It’s been seven days since the Chicago Blackhawks were eliminated from the postseason by the Phoenix Coyotes, but defenseman Sami Lepisto is still feeling the pain.
Here’s what the 27-year-old Finn posted yesterday to his Twitter account:
“This is why I shouldn’t be blocking slap shots!!” Lepisto tweeted.
Just so we’re clear, this bruise isn’t the culmination of a billion blocks or anything. NHL.com credits Lepisto with two blocked shots in three playoffs games, one of them coming in the Game 6 elimination contest against the Coyotes.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 43
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (44)