Jan 19, 2012, 1:58 PM EDT
Wanna know what you’d look like after your teammate stepped on your head with a razor-sharp skate blade and 30 stitches were required to close the gash?
Here ya go:
That’s Edmonton Oilers sophomore sensation Taylor Hall, two days after he was sliced open by Corey Potter‘s skate while warming up for a game against Columbus. Hall missed the Blue Jackets contest and is unlikely to play tonight against St. Louis — the Oilers have yet to indicate when Hall will return to the lineup, though head coach Tom Renney said he’s feeling better.
“He’s doing much better. Swelling has gone down, he’s got a clear head, he had a good night’s sleep,” Renney said in a video posted on the team’s website. “All that being said, I would call it doubtful for [Thursday], which I don’t think would surprise anyone. If you talked to Taylor he would say he’s hopeful, but we’ll see.”
While question marks surround his return, one thing’s for certain — Hall will be wearing a helmet in warmups from now on (he was helmetless when he got sliced) and that’s on orders from his mom, Kim Strba.
“I asked him if he was still good looking and he said, ‘Mom, I look like Frankenstein.’ Maybe it will send a message to everyone about how important it is to wear a helmet,” she told the Edmonton Journal. “Maybe it will be a wake-up call. Unfortunately, Taylor is going to be the one remembered for bringing about the change.”
(Photo courtesy Edmontonoilers.com)
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 10
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 20
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 14
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 125
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (125)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)