Jan 19, 2012, 1:58 PM EDT
Wanna know what you’d look like after your teammate stepped on your head with a razor-sharp skate blade and 30 stitches were required to close the gash?
Here ya go:
That’s Edmonton Oilers sophomore sensation Taylor Hall, two days after he was sliced open by Corey Potter‘s skate while warming up for a game against Columbus. Hall missed the Blue Jackets contest and is unlikely to play tonight against St. Louis — the Oilers have yet to indicate when Hall will return to the lineup, though head coach Tom Renney said he’s feeling better.
“He’s doing much better. Swelling has gone down, he’s got a clear head, he had a good night’s sleep,” Renney said in a video posted on the team’s website. “All that being said, I would call it doubtful for [Thursday], which I don’t think would surprise anyone. If you talked to Taylor he would say he’s hopeful, but we’ll see.”
While question marks surround his return, one thing’s for certain — Hall will be wearing a helmet in warmups from now on (he was helmetless when he got sliced) and that’s on orders from his mom, Kim Strba.
“I asked him if he was still good looking and he said, ‘Mom, I look like Frankenstein.’ Maybe it will send a message to everyone about how important it is to wear a helmet,” she told the Edmonton Journal. “Maybe it will be a wake-up call. Unfortunately, Taylor is going to be the one remembered for bringing about the change.”
(Photo courtesy Edmontonoilers.com)
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)