Jan 19, 2012, 1:58 PM EST
Wanna know what you’d look like after your teammate stepped on your head with a razor-sharp skate blade and 30 stitches were required to close the gash?
Here ya go:
That’s Edmonton Oilers sophomore sensation Taylor Hall, two days after he was sliced open by Corey Potter‘s skate while warming up for a game against Columbus. Hall missed the Blue Jackets contest and is unlikely to play tonight against St. Louis — the Oilers have yet to indicate when Hall will return to the lineup, though head coach Tom Renney said he’s feeling better.
“He’s doing much better. Swelling has gone down, he’s got a clear head, he had a good night’s sleep,” Renney said in a video posted on the team’s website. “All that being said, I would call it doubtful for [Thursday], which I don’t think would surprise anyone. If you talked to Taylor he would say he’s hopeful, but we’ll see.”
While question marks surround his return, one thing’s for certain — Hall will be wearing a helmet in warmups from now on (he was helmetless when he got sliced) and that’s on orders from his mom, Kim Strba.
“I asked him if he was still good looking and he said, ‘Mom, I look like Frankenstein.’ Maybe it will send a message to everyone about how important it is to wear a helmet,” she told the Edmonton Journal. “Maybe it will be a wake-up call. Unfortunately, Taylor is going to be the one remembered for bringing about the change.”
(Photo courtesy Edmontonoilers.com)
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)