Apr 25, 2012, 11:56 PM EST
TSN’s James Duthie reports what many believed would happen: Roberto Luongo will, indeed, submit a “short list” of teams he’ll waive his no-trade clause to play for by next week. And for anyone in hockey-mad Toronto, here’s the doozy: the Maple Leafs will reportedly be on that short list.
If Luongo wants to go to a market with a little more patience, then being shipped to playoff-desperate Toronto is probably not the wisest move. Yet from a familiarity standpoint, there are some strong points to such a move.
To some of us, it’s pretty amazing to see Luongo shift from the franchise goalie fans seemingly always pined for to the target of largely irrational scapegoating. Surely he’ll get relief from such scrutiny if his new GM is Brian Burke, though, right?
While we wait and wait for the move to potentially happen, feel free to speculate regarding the other potential destinations for Luongo. Bonus points if you say something crazy about Boston.
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 4
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 65
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 134
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (134)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (116)