Apr 25, 2012, 11:56 PM EDT
TSN’s James Duthie reports what many believed would happen: Roberto Luongo will, indeed, submit a “short list” of teams he’ll waive his no-trade clause to play for by next week. And for anyone in hockey-mad Toronto, here’s the doozy: the Maple Leafs will reportedly be on that short list.
If Luongo wants to go to a market with a little more patience, then being shipped to playoff-desperate Toronto is probably not the wisest move. Yet from a familiarity standpoint, there are some strong points to such a move.
To some of us, it’s pretty amazing to see Luongo shift from the franchise goalie fans seemingly always pined for to the target of largely irrational scapegoating. Surely he’ll get relief from such scrutiny if his new GM is Brian Burke, though, right?
While we wait and wait for the move to potentially happen, feel free to speculate regarding the other potential destinations for Luongo. Bonus points if you say something crazy about Boston.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)