Apr 25, 2012, 11:56 PM EST
TSN’s James Duthie reports what many believed would happen: Roberto Luongo will, indeed, submit a “short list” of teams he’ll waive his no-trade clause to play for by next week. And for anyone in hockey-mad Toronto, here’s the doozy: the Maple Leafs will reportedly be on that short list.
If Luongo wants to go to a market with a little more patience, then being shipped to playoff-desperate Toronto is probably not the wisest move. Yet from a familiarity standpoint, there are some strong points to such a move.
To some of us, it’s pretty amazing to see Luongo shift from the franchise goalie fans seemingly always pined for to the target of largely irrational scapegoating. Surely he’ll get relief from such scrutiny if his new GM is Brian Burke, though, right?
While we wait and wait for the move to potentially happen, feel free to speculate regarding the other potential destinations for Luongo. Bonus points if you say something crazy about Boston.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)