Apr 24, 2012, 7:15 PM EDT
In the age of Twitter, rumors have a way of picking up steam. When someone, who may or may not be credible, says something that’s believable, you got to at least wonder if it’s true.
This afternoon, a rumor caught on that Roberto Luongo has presented the Vancouver Canucks with a list of four teams he would be willing to be traded to. Given that Luongo has already publicly agreed to waive his no-trade clause, it’s not a farfetched premise. The only problem is that, according to TSN’s James Duthie, the rumor isn’t true.
Welcome, boys and girls, to a preview of what we’re going to experience over the next couple of months. Does your team need a goaltender? Fear not, for Luongo is headed your way!
Just like Rick Nash before him, there will probably be a Luongo rumor associated with any team that has even a slight chance of wanting him. Never mind if the team in question would actually benefit from having him from a cap or long-term perspective.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 15
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 88
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 12
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 34
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (88)