Apr 24, 2012, 7:15 PM EDT
In the age of Twitter, rumors have a way of picking up steam. When someone, who may or may not be credible, says something that’s believable, you got to at least wonder if it’s true.
This afternoon, a rumor caught on that Roberto Luongo has presented the Vancouver Canucks with a list of four teams he would be willing to be traded to. Given that Luongo has already publicly agreed to waive his no-trade clause, it’s not a farfetched premise. The only problem is that, according to TSN’s James Duthie, the rumor isn’t true.
Welcome, boys and girls, to a preview of what we’re going to experience over the next couple of months. Does your team need a goaltender? Fear not, for Luongo is headed your way!
Just like Rick Nash before him, there will probably be a Luongo rumor associated with any team that has even a slight chance of wanting him. Never mind if the team in question would actually benefit from having him from a cap or long-term perspective.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 1
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55