Apr 24, 2012, 7:15 PM EDT
In the age of Twitter, rumors have a way of picking up steam. When someone, who may or may not be credible, says something that’s believable, you got to at least wonder if it’s true.
This afternoon, a rumor caught on that Roberto Luongo has presented the Vancouver Canucks with a list of four teams he would be willing to be traded to. Given that Luongo has already publicly agreed to waive his no-trade clause, it’s not a farfetched premise. The only problem is that, according to TSN’s James Duthie, the rumor isn’t true.
Welcome, boys and girls, to a preview of what we’re going to experience over the next couple of months. Does your team need a goaltender? Fear not, for Luongo is headed your way!
Just like Rick Nash before him, there will probably be a Luongo rumor associated with any team that has even a slight chance of wanting him. Never mind if the team in question would actually benefit from having him from a cap or long-term perspective.
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 0
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 7
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 59
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 (61)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)