Apr 24, 2012, 7:15 PM EST
In the age of Twitter, rumors have a way of picking up steam. When someone, who may or may not be credible, says something that’s believable, you got to at least wonder if it’s true.
This afternoon, a rumor caught on that Roberto Luongo has presented the Vancouver Canucks with a list of four teams he would be willing to be traded to. Given that Luongo has already publicly agreed to waive his no-trade clause, it’s not a farfetched premise. The only problem is that, according to TSN’s James Duthie, the rumor isn’t true.
Welcome, boys and girls, to a preview of what we’re going to experience over the next couple of months. Does your team need a goaltender? Fear not, for Luongo is headed your way!
Just like Rick Nash before him, there will probably be a Luongo rumor associated with any team that has even a slight chance of wanting him. Never mind if the team in question would actually benefit from having him from a cap or long-term perspective.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11