Apr 22, 2012, 4:42 PM EDT
We know Panthers fans are excited. Their team is a win away from advancing to the second round of the playoffs and they’ve got “rat fever” all over again in South Florida. While the rats are hitting the ice and the team owner doesn’t want to see them coming down until after the game is over, the Panthers have another concern about it.
They’re worried about getting nailed for a penalty. Harvey Fialkov of the Sun-Sentinel hears it from coach Kevin Dineen that he loves the excitement but needs fans to be controlled about it.
“I’m a little concerned about the rats in the middle of the game,” said Dineen. “I know there’s a lot of Devil fans throwing them out there trying to get us a delay of game penalty there. I hope that’s something we can hold until the end of the game.”
Opposing fans with shenanigans? Why, I’d never! Then again, if you can spot the Devils fan who would happily throw on a Panthers jersey I’d like to see them. If there’s ever a good way to end a tradition of any kind, it’s to get the home team nailed for a penalty because of it.
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 5
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 7
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 15
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 47
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (60)