Apr 22, 2012, 4:42 PM EDT
We know Panthers fans are excited. Their team is a win away from advancing to the second round of the playoffs and they’ve got “rat fever” all over again in South Florida. While the rats are hitting the ice and the team owner doesn’t want to see them coming down until after the game is over, the Panthers have another concern about it.
They’re worried about getting nailed for a penalty. Harvey Fialkov of the Sun-Sentinel hears it from coach Kevin Dineen that he loves the excitement but needs fans to be controlled about it.
“I’m a little concerned about the rats in the middle of the game,” said Dineen. “I know there’s a lot of Devil fans throwing them out there trying to get us a delay of game penalty there. I hope that’s something we can hold until the end of the game.”
Opposing fans with shenanigans? Why, I’d never! Then again, if you can spot the Devils fan who would happily throw on a Panthers jersey I’d like to see them. If there’s ever a good way to end a tradition of any kind, it’s to get the home team nailed for a penalty because of it.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22