Apr 22, 2012, 4:42 PM EDT
We know Panthers fans are excited. Their team is a win away from advancing to the second round of the playoffs and they’ve got “rat fever” all over again in South Florida. While the rats are hitting the ice and the team owner doesn’t want to see them coming down until after the game is over, the Panthers have another concern about it.
They’re worried about getting nailed for a penalty. Harvey Fialkov of the Sun-Sentinel hears it from coach Kevin Dineen that he loves the excitement but needs fans to be controlled about it.
“I’m a little concerned about the rats in the middle of the game,” said Dineen. “I know there’s a lot of Devil fans throwing them out there trying to get us a delay of game penalty there. I hope that’s something we can hold until the end of the game.”
Opposing fans with shenanigans? Why, I’d never! Then again, if you can spot the Devils fan who would happily throw on a Panthers jersey I’d like to see them. If there’s ever a good way to end a tradition of any kind, it’s to get the home team nailed for a penalty because of it.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 99
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (100)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)