Apr 22, 2012, 4:42 PM EDT
We know Panthers fans are excited. Their team is a win away from advancing to the second round of the playoffs and they’ve got “rat fever” all over again in South Florida. While the rats are hitting the ice and the team owner doesn’t want to see them coming down until after the game is over, the Panthers have another concern about it.
They’re worried about getting nailed for a penalty. Harvey Fialkov of the Sun-Sentinel hears it from coach Kevin Dineen that he loves the excitement but needs fans to be controlled about it.
“I’m a little concerned about the rats in the middle of the game,” said Dineen. “I know there’s a lot of Devil fans throwing them out there trying to get us a delay of game penalty there. I hope that’s something we can hold until the end of the game.”
Opposing fans with shenanigans? Why, I’d never! Then again, if you can spot the Devils fan who would happily throw on a Panthers jersey I’d like to see them. If there’s ever a good way to end a tradition of any kind, it’s to get the home team nailed for a penalty because of it.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)