Apr 22, 2012, 1:48 AM EDT
During one of the Florida Panthers’ goals on Saturday, New Jersey Devils fans asked a legitimate question: why didn’t the Panthers receive a penalty when rats were thrown on the ice? Perhaps refs decided to give excited fans a mulligan – it’s been a while, after all – but to make sure it doesn’t happen again, Panthers president/CEO Michael Yormark is pleading with fans to hold onto them until the final whistle blows.
“Great win but fans, we cannot throw rats during the game,” Yormark said. “This has become a serious issue.”
Chances are, a future scenario will result in a delay of game penalty.
It almost makes you wonder if a nefarious Devils fan might just throw a rat or two, instead …
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 3
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54