Apr 22, 2012, 1:48 AM EST
During one of the Florida Panthers’ goals on Saturday, New Jersey Devils fans asked a legitimate question: why didn’t the Panthers receive a penalty when rats were thrown on the ice? Perhaps refs decided to give excited fans a mulligan – it’s been a while, after all – but to make sure it doesn’t happen again, Panthers president/CEO Michael Yormark is pleading with fans to hold onto them until the final whistle blows.
“Great win but fans, we cannot throw rats during the game,” Yormark said. “This has become a serious issue.”
Chances are, a future scenario will result in a delay of game penalty.
It almost makes you wonder if a nefarious Devils fan might just throw a rat or two, instead …
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 3
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2