Apr 19, 2012, 10:35 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals don’t understand why Nicklas Backstrom received a one-game suspension for cross-checking the Boston Bruins’ Rich Peverley in the face. In the shocker of the century, there are apparently fans out there that also think that their player has been wrongly punished.
As you can see to your right, fans waved “Win it for Nicky” signs during the Capitals game against the Boston Bruins on Thursday. Braden Holtby saved 44 shots to give the fans what they wanted.
Backstrom will be available for Game 5 on Saturday and with the series tied at 2-2, he’ll have an opportunity to win a big game for himself.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)