Apr 19, 2012, 10:35 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals don’t understand why Nicklas Backstrom received a one-game suspension for cross-checking the Boston Bruins’ Rich Peverley in the face. In the shocker of the century, there are apparently fans out there that also think that their player has been wrongly punished.
As you can see to your right, fans waved “Win it for Nicky” signs during the Capitals game against the Boston Bruins on Thursday. Braden Holtby saved 44 shots to give the fans what they wanted.
Backstrom will be available for Game 5 on Saturday and with the series tied at 2-2, he’ll have an opportunity to win a big game for himself.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 3
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15