Apr 19, 2012, 10:35 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals don’t understand why Nicklas Backstrom received a one-game suspension for cross-checking the Boston Bruins’ Rich Peverley in the face. In the shocker of the century, there are apparently fans out there that also think that their player has been wrongly punished.
As you can see to your right, fans waved “Win it for Nicky” signs during the Capitals game against the Boston Bruins on Thursday. Braden Holtby saved 44 shots to give the fans what they wanted.
Backstrom will be available for Game 5 on Saturday and with the series tied at 2-2, he’ll have an opportunity to win a big game for himself.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 4
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 15
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 19
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)