Apr 19, 2012, 10:35 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals don’t understand why Nicklas Backstrom received a one-game suspension for cross-checking the Boston Bruins’ Rich Peverley in the face. In the shocker of the century, there are apparently fans out there that also think that their player has been wrongly punished.
As you can see to your right, fans waved “Win it for Nicky” signs during the Capitals game against the Boston Bruins on Thursday. Braden Holtby saved 44 shots to give the fans what they wanted.
Backstrom will be available for Game 5 on Saturday and with the series tied at 2-2, he’ll have an opportunity to win a big game for himself.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18