Apr 19, 2012, 10:35 PM EST
The Washington Capitals don’t understand why Nicklas Backstrom received a one-game suspension for cross-checking the Boston Bruins’ Rich Peverley in the face. In the shocker of the century, there are apparently fans out there that also think that their player has been wrongly punished.
As you can see to your right, fans waved “Win it for Nicky” signs during the Capitals game against the Boston Bruins on Thursday. Braden Holtby saved 44 shots to give the fans what they wanted.
Backstrom will be available for Game 5 on Saturday and with the series tied at 2-2, he’ll have an opportunity to win a big game for himself.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11