Apr 17, 2012, 12:29 PM EDT
We mentioned this briefly in our Morning Skate, but Don Cherry went out of his way during Coach’s Corner to throw his support behind Sidney Crosby. It’s not shocking Grapes would have an affinity for the guy responsible for winning Canada the gold medal in 2010, but he’s been critical of Crosby’s game in the past, wishing he’d stay out of the nonsense stuff.
Crosby’s actions during Game 3 against the Flyers, however, tickled his fancy.
“(Crosby) could’ve bailed in that game,” said Cherry. “(Pittsburgh was down) 7-4, they weren’t going anywhere.
“He even double shifted to get out there and I gotta tell you something, I admire him more for doing that than anything.”
Check out video of the full ramble, courtesy CBC.
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 0
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 17
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 19
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)