Apr 17, 2012, 12:29 PM EDT
We mentioned this briefly in our Morning Skate, but Don Cherry went out of his way during Coach’s Corner to throw his support behind Sidney Crosby. It’s not shocking Grapes would have an affinity for the guy responsible for winning Canada the gold medal in 2010, but he’s been critical of Crosby’s game in the past, wishing he’d stay out of the nonsense stuff.
Crosby’s actions during Game 3 against the Flyers, however, tickled his fancy.
“(Crosby) could’ve bailed in that game,” said Cherry. “(Pittsburgh was down) 7-4, they weren’t going anywhere.
“He even double shifted to get out there and I gotta tell you something, I admire him more for doing that than anything.”
Check out video of the full ramble, courtesy CBC.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 22
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 28
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)