Apr 17, 2012, 12:29 PM EST
We mentioned this briefly in our Morning Skate, but Don Cherry went out of his way during Coach’s Corner to throw his support behind Sidney Crosby. It’s not shocking Grapes would have an affinity for the guy responsible for winning Canada the gold medal in 2010, but he’s been critical of Crosby’s game in the past, wishing he’d stay out of the nonsense stuff.
Crosby’s actions during Game 3 against the Flyers, however, tickled his fancy.
“(Crosby) could’ve bailed in that game,” said Cherry. “(Pittsburgh was down) 7-4, they weren’t going anywhere.
“He even double shifted to get out there and I gotta tell you something, I admire him more for doing that than anything.”
Check out video of the full ramble, courtesy CBC.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 22
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 42
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 65
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 46
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)