Apr 17, 2012, 12:29 PM EDT
We mentioned this briefly in our Morning Skate, but Don Cherry went out of his way during Coach’s Corner to throw his support behind Sidney Crosby. It’s not shocking Grapes would have an affinity for the guy responsible for winning Canada the gold medal in 2010, but he’s been critical of Crosby’s game in the past, wishing he’d stay out of the nonsense stuff.
Crosby’s actions during Game 3 against the Flyers, however, tickled his fancy.
“(Crosby) could’ve bailed in that game,” said Cherry. “(Pittsburgh was down) 7-4, they weren’t going anywhere.
“He even double shifted to get out there and I gotta tell you something, I admire him more for doing that than anything.”
Check out video of the full ramble, courtesy CBC.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 13
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 9
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 41
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 52
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (53)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (41)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)