Apr 13, 2012, 1:02 AM EST
When the San Jose Sharks traded Dany Heatley for Martin Havlat, much of the chatter was about Havlat’s playoff production. Sure, Heater had his moments of postseason glory in Ottawa, but the 2011 run seemed to sour things for the sniper. Much of Havlat’s season has been ravaged by injuries, yet he’s been making waves lately, which can be seen most clearly in the fact that he scored the double overtime-winner to beat the St. Louis Blues 3-2 tonight.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Tonight’s game is the peak, but it’s also a delicious cherry on top of a nice recent run.
After a scoreless return on March 15, Havlat scored four goals and two assists in his next three games. He finished the season with five goals and seven assists for 12 points in 13 contests. In fact, tonight’s two-goal output makes it 14 points in 14 games back.
So, sure, his overall numbers aren’t pretty but Havlat’s becoming a weapon when the Sharks need him the most.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 49
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)