Mar 27, 2012, 2:39 PM EST
“Recovery time will be between five and six months, so our hope is that Taylor will be ready for the start of next season,” Tambellini told the Oilers website (via Twitter). “He’s going to have an incredible career, so this is the right time to take care of business and get this [surgery] done.”
While there’s no denying Hall has the talent for an incredible career, there are concerns his body won’t allow it. The 20-year-old has been decimated by injury during his first two professional seasons — he missed the final 17 games of last season with a broken ankle and 15 this year with a variety of ailments (shoulder injury, concussion, Frankenstein-ish head wound.)
There was also this ominous quote from Hall explaining when he first hurt his shoulder.
“Four years now — I injured it in junior and it’s been wearing away,” he said. “I’ve been playing with a pretty bad shoulder for most of this year and I’m excited to see what I can do after it’s fixed.
/cue alarm bells
“It’s not the way I envisioned my career starting, but I hope to stay healthy after this and be a good Oiler for a long time.”
Hall isn’t the only young Edmonton star with health concerns. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, the first overall pick at the 2011 draft, has missed 20 games this year with shoulder issues of his own.
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 2
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)