Mar 23, 2012, 12:20 PM EDT
Earlier this week we wrote about the NHL-leading St. Louis Blues and their return to health.
Today, they got even healthier.
The club announced that Alex Steen and Matt D’Agostini will take off their red no-contact jerseys Saturday and participate in practice as regular players. It’s big news for the pair, as both have missed extensive time with concussions.
“Alex has been cleared to come back in full participation now,” Blues GM Doug Armstrong told the Post-Dispatch. “He practiced today, a good practice, and we’re going to go to Phoenix and he’s working like D’Agostini with the focus on getting their strength and timing back.”
Steen has been out of the lineup since Dec. 30, missing the last 36 games. It was a key loss for the Blues — at the time of the injury, he led the team in plus-minus, even-strength goals and was one of St. Louis’ alternate captains.
D’Agostini has been out since Feb. 7, missing the last 23 games — a huge blow after posting a career-year in 2010-11. He scored 21 goals and 46 points, finishing fifth on the team in scoring.
Of the two, it sounds as though D’Agostini will be the first to return to the lineup.
“It’s just been progressively getting better,” he said. “The last week or so, I’ve been almost symptom-free. If we keep going at this rate, I should be back in a couple of games.”
- No hearing scheduled for Richards after Couture spear 0
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 13
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 22
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 31
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 68
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 27
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (152)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (110)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)