Mar 23, 2012, 12:20 PM EST
Earlier this week we wrote about the NHL-leading St. Louis Blues and their return to health.
Today, they got even healthier.
The club announced that Alex Steen and Matt D’Agostini will take off their red no-contact jerseys Saturday and participate in practice as regular players. It’s big news for the pair, as both have missed extensive time with concussions.
“Alex has been cleared to come back in full participation now,” Blues GM Doug Armstrong told the Post-Dispatch. “He practiced today, a good practice, and we’re going to go to Phoenix and he’s working like D’Agostini with the focus on getting their strength and timing back.”
Steen has been out of the lineup since Dec. 30, missing the last 36 games. It was a key loss for the Blues — at the time of the injury, he led the team in plus-minus, even-strength goals and was one of St. Louis’ alternate captains.
D’Agostini has been out since Feb. 7, missing the last 23 games — a huge blow after posting a career-year in 2010-11. He scored 21 goals and 46 points, finishing fifth on the team in scoring.
Of the two, it sounds as though D’Agostini will be the first to return to the lineup.
“It’s just been progressively getting better,” he said. “The last week or so, I’ve been almost symptom-free. If we keep going at this rate, I should be back in a couple of games.”
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)