Mar 23, 2012, 12:20 PM EDT
Earlier this week we wrote about the NHL-leading St. Louis Blues and their return to health.
Today, they got even healthier.
The club announced that Alex Steen and Matt D’Agostini will take off their red no-contact jerseys Saturday and participate in practice as regular players. It’s big news for the pair, as both have missed extensive time with concussions.
“Alex has been cleared to come back in full participation now,” Blues GM Doug Armstrong told the Post-Dispatch. “He practiced today, a good practice, and we’re going to go to Phoenix and he’s working like D’Agostini with the focus on getting their strength and timing back.”
Steen has been out of the lineup since Dec. 30, missing the last 36 games. It was a key loss for the Blues — at the time of the injury, he led the team in plus-minus, even-strength goals and was one of St. Louis’ alternate captains.
D’Agostini has been out since Feb. 7, missing the last 23 games — a huge blow after posting a career-year in 2010-11. He scored 21 goals and 46 points, finishing fifth on the team in scoring.
Of the two, it sounds as though D’Agostini will be the first to return to the lineup.
“It’s just been progressively getting better,” he said. “The last week or so, I’ve been almost symptom-free. If we keep going at this rate, I should be back in a couple of games.”
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)