Mar 8, 2012, 9:48 AM EDT
Danny Briere had a hat trick on Jan. 7 to lead the Philadelphia Flyers’ to a 3-2 victory over Ottawa. Since then, Briere hasn’t found the back of the net even once. Briere has now gone two months and 20 games without a single goal and he’s only recorded six assists in that span. That’s not counting the six straight contests he missed a little over a month ago because of a concussion. Overall, he has just 13 goals this season, compared to his 2010-11 career-high of 34.
This has been one of the worst slumps of his career. Briere was scoreless in 31 straight games over the course of the 1998-99 and 1999-2000 campaigns, but this is the first time he’s gone 20 consecutive contests without a goal in a single season.
The Philadelphia Flyers have been a mediocre 13-10-3 since Briere’s hat trick in Ottawa. Although Briere’s slump isn’t the only reason for the Flyers struggles over that span, with Jaromir Jagr and Jakub Voracek both questionable Thursday, this would be an ideal time for Briere to bounce back.
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 22
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 105
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115