Mar 7, 2012, 2:56 PM EDT
The hits keep coming for the Flyers.
Today, Philly GM Paul Holmgren told reporters Jaromir Jagr “probably” won’t play on Thursday against Florida, as the 40-year-old is still smarting from a collision during a 3-2 win over Detroit.
Jagr was injured when Braydon Coburn knocked Wings forward Valtteri Filppula into his path — while No. 68 was able to avoid most of the force of the collision, he left the game midway through the second period and didn’t return.
In other injury news, Flyers forward Jakub Voracek is also questionable for Thursday after being on the receiving end of a fierce Niklas Kronwall hit. Voracek said he passed a concussion exam Tuesday but needed stitches for cuts around his mouth and is suffering from a stiff neck.
“I feel different, but I think anyone would feel different after that hit,” he told NHL.com. “Sometimes you can get slightly hit to the chin and be out a few months; sometimes you can get run over like I did and you can be back the next game. We’ll see.
“I don’t want to say I feel too good, because every day is different. Hopefully, I can get back as soon as possible.”
The Flyers are already without the services of Kimmo Timonen (back), Andrej Meszaros (lower body), James van Riemsdyk (foot) and Chris Pronger (concussion). If Voracek and/or Jagr can’t play, the Flyers will have to call up a forward from AHL Adirondack.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)