Mar 7, 2012, 2:56 PM EDT
The hits keep coming for the Flyers.
Today, Philly GM Paul Holmgren told reporters Jaromir Jagr “probably” won’t play on Thursday against Florida, as the 40-year-old is still smarting from a collision during a 3-2 win over Detroit.
Jagr was injured when Braydon Coburn knocked Wings forward Valtteri Filppula into his path — while No. 68 was able to avoid most of the force of the collision, he left the game midway through the second period and didn’t return.
In other injury news, Flyers forward Jakub Voracek is also questionable for Thursday after being on the receiving end of a fierce Niklas Kronwall hit. Voracek said he passed a concussion exam Tuesday but needed stitches for cuts around his mouth and is suffering from a stiff neck.
“I feel different, but I think anyone would feel different after that hit,” he told NHL.com. “Sometimes you can get slightly hit to the chin and be out a few months; sometimes you can get run over like I did and you can be back the next game. We’ll see.
“I don’t want to say I feel too good, because every day is different. Hopefully, I can get back as soon as possible.”
The Flyers are already without the services of Kimmo Timonen (back), Andrej Meszaros (lower body), James van Riemsdyk (foot) and Chris Pronger (concussion). If Voracek and/or Jagr can’t play, the Flyers will have to call up a forward from AHL Adirondack.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)