Mar 7, 2012, 2:56 PM EST
The hits keep coming for the Flyers.
Today, Philly GM Paul Holmgren told reporters Jaromir Jagr “probably” won’t play on Thursday against Florida, as the 40-year-old is still smarting from a collision during a 3-2 win over Detroit.
Jagr was injured when Braydon Coburn knocked Wings forward Valtteri Filppula into his path — while No. 68 was able to avoid most of the force of the collision, he left the game midway through the second period and didn’t return.
In other injury news, Flyers forward Jakub Voracek is also questionable for Thursday after being on the receiving end of a fierce Niklas Kronwall hit. Voracek said he passed a concussion exam Tuesday but needed stitches for cuts around his mouth and is suffering from a stiff neck.
“I feel different, but I think anyone would feel different after that hit,” he told NHL.com. “Sometimes you can get slightly hit to the chin and be out a few months; sometimes you can get run over like I did and you can be back the next game. We’ll see.
“I don’t want to say I feel too good, because every day is different. Hopefully, I can get back as soon as possible.”
The Flyers are already without the services of Kimmo Timonen (back), Andrej Meszaros (lower body), James van Riemsdyk (foot) and Chris Pronger (concussion). If Voracek and/or Jagr can’t play, the Flyers will have to call up a forward from AHL Adirondack.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)