Mar 7, 2012, 2:56 PM EDT
The hits keep coming for the Flyers.
Today, Philly GM Paul Holmgren told reporters Jaromir Jagr “probably” won’t play on Thursday against Florida, as the 40-year-old is still smarting from a collision during a 3-2 win over Detroit.
Jagr was injured when Braydon Coburn knocked Wings forward Valtteri Filppula into his path — while No. 68 was able to avoid most of the force of the collision, he left the game midway through the second period and didn’t return.
In other injury news, Flyers forward Jakub Voracek is also questionable for Thursday after being on the receiving end of a fierce Niklas Kronwall hit. Voracek said he passed a concussion exam Tuesday but needed stitches for cuts around his mouth and is suffering from a stiff neck.
“I feel different, but I think anyone would feel different after that hit,” he told NHL.com. “Sometimes you can get slightly hit to the chin and be out a few months; sometimes you can get run over like I did and you can be back the next game. We’ll see.
“I don’t want to say I feel too good, because every day is different. Hopefully, I can get back as soon as possible.”
The Flyers are already without the services of Kimmo Timonen (back), Andrej Meszaros (lower body), James van Riemsdyk (foot) and Chris Pronger (concussion). If Voracek and/or Jagr can’t play, the Flyers will have to call up a forward from AHL Adirondack.
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 0
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 50
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)