Mar 7, 2012, 2:56 PM EST
The hits keep coming for the Flyers.
Today, Philly GM Paul Holmgren told reporters Jaromir Jagr “probably” won’t play on Thursday against Florida, as the 40-year-old is still smarting from a collision during a 3-2 win over Detroit.
Jagr was injured when Braydon Coburn knocked Wings forward Valtteri Filppula into his path — while No. 68 was able to avoid most of the force of the collision, he left the game midway through the second period and didn’t return.
In other injury news, Flyers forward Jakub Voracek is also questionable for Thursday after being on the receiving end of a fierce Niklas Kronwall hit. Voracek said he passed a concussion exam Tuesday but needed stitches for cuts around his mouth and is suffering from a stiff neck.
“I feel different, but I think anyone would feel different after that hit,” he told NHL.com. “Sometimes you can get slightly hit to the chin and be out a few months; sometimes you can get run over like I did and you can be back the next game. We’ll see.
“I don’t want to say I feel too good, because every day is different. Hopefully, I can get back as soon as possible.”
The Flyers are already without the services of Kimmo Timonen (back), Andrej Meszaros (lower body), James van Riemsdyk (foot) and Chris Pronger (concussion). If Voracek and/or Jagr can’t play, the Flyers will have to call up a forward from AHL Adirondack.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)