Mar 4, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Losing a game is frustrating as it is. When you think the referees are helping you lose though, that tends to make everyone a little more cranky. The Ducks getting doubled up by the Kings last night 4-2 helped make Bruce Boudreau one of those grumpy guys thanks to the Kings scoring two of their four goals on the power play.
Boudreau sounded off about the officiating loudly after the game. Jeff Miller of the Orange County Register gets the rant.
“Some of the worst calls I’ve seen in a friggin’ long time,” he said. “A game of this importance, we can’t have officiating making calls like that. I mean, there’s three penalties that weren’t penalties.”
Oh yes, there’s more.
“Everybody makes mistakes,” Boudreau continued. “But if we’re busting our (rearend) all night long and playing our fifth game in seven nights. I mean, we need it better. I mean, from them…I don’t know what their schedule is, if it’s four nights in a row or what have you. But we can’t have that. Just bad calls.”
With a rant like that, Boudreau’s wallet is likely to get a bit lighter because of it. The league will always stand up for their officials, right or wrong, and anyone that lashes out is going to hear about it. Rants like this though make us all happy that Boudreau found a new place to land, getting tirades like this is priceless.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 8
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 18
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 48
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)