Mar 4, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Losing a game is frustrating as it is. When you think the referees are helping you lose though, that tends to make everyone a little more cranky. The Ducks getting doubled up by the Kings last night 4-2 helped make Bruce Boudreau one of those grumpy guys thanks to the Kings scoring two of their four goals on the power play.
Boudreau sounded off about the officiating loudly after the game. Jeff Miller of the Orange County Register gets the rant.
“Some of the worst calls I’ve seen in a friggin’ long time,” he said. “A game of this importance, we can’t have officiating making calls like that. I mean, there’s three penalties that weren’t penalties.”
Oh yes, there’s more.
“Everybody makes mistakes,” Boudreau continued. “But if we’re busting our (rearend) all night long and playing our fifth game in seven nights. I mean, we need it better. I mean, from them…I don’t know what their schedule is, if it’s four nights in a row or what have you. But we can’t have that. Just bad calls.”
With a rant like that, Boudreau’s wallet is likely to get a bit lighter because of it. The league will always stand up for their officials, right or wrong, and anyone that lashes out is going to hear about it. Rants like this though make us all happy that Boudreau found a new place to land, getting tirades like this is priceless.
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 0
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6