Mar 4, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Losing a game is frustrating as it is. When you think the referees are helping you lose though, that tends to make everyone a little more cranky. The Ducks getting doubled up by the Kings last night 4-2 helped make Bruce Boudreau one of those grumpy guys thanks to the Kings scoring two of their four goals on the power play.
Boudreau sounded off about the officiating loudly after the game. Jeff Miller of the Orange County Register gets the rant.
“Some of the worst calls I’ve seen in a friggin’ long time,” he said. “A game of this importance, we can’t have officiating making calls like that. I mean, there’s three penalties that weren’t penalties.”
Oh yes, there’s more.
“Everybody makes mistakes,” Boudreau continued. “But if we’re busting our (rearend) all night long and playing our fifth game in seven nights. I mean, we need it better. I mean, from them…I don’t know what their schedule is, if it’s four nights in a row or what have you. But we can’t have that. Just bad calls.”
With a rant like that, Boudreau’s wallet is likely to get a bit lighter because of it. The league will always stand up for their officials, right or wrong, and anyone that lashes out is going to hear about it. Rants like this though make us all happy that Boudreau found a new place to land, getting tirades like this is priceless.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2