Feb 27, 2012, 4:16 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks made two trades of a small magnitude this afternoon, with one involving the Toronto Maple Leafs and another swap with those aforementioned Canucks. Let’s look at them in helpful list form:
Mark Fraser (trade report) via the Ducks for Mitchell.
Andrew Gordon (trade report) via the Ducks for Erixon.
Essentially, the Maple Leafs and Canucks get two tweeners for their contending runs. (By “tweeners” I mean semi-adequate players who might bounce between the NHL and the minors.) Those two might be described as “players you’re glad you have but hope not to see” by pessimists.
Erixon is a 22-year-old Swedish defenseman who didn’t go drafted. The Maple Leafs drafted Mitchell in the third round in 2007 but he hasn’t cracked the team’s pro-level lineup. In other words, if the Ducks see much from them, it probably won’t be any time soon.
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 1
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)