Feb 27, 2012, 3:24 PM EST
Gaustad, a pending UFA, has seven goals and 10 assists in 56 games. The big 30-year-old center should fit in nicely with a team that’s already one of the toughest to play against.
The Predators also got a fourth-round pick in the deal; however, they had to send a valuable first-round pick to the Sabres to get it done.
Nashville acquired defenseman Hal Gill last week, and combined with today’s deals, it’s clear GM David Poile is trying to send a message to Ryan Suter and Shea Weber that the organization is committed to winning. Suter is a pending UFA, and if he leaves, Weber is more likely to leave the following summer.
Now all the Preds have to do is make a deep run in the playoffs.
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 17
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)