Feb 23, 2012, 6:13 PM EDT
Poor Buffalo – always getting picked on. The latest to pile on was Bruins forward Brad Marchand, who went on Boston radio today and called Buffalo the “worst place in the NHL.”
Nose Face added: “I’m not too excited to go there, but I’ll be excited to leave.”
Predictably, Marchand apologized upon the Bruins’ arrival in Buffalo for tomorrow’s game. You know the routine – he was just having fun, he hopes he didn’t offend anyone, etc.
In case you’re getting a sense of déjà vu, a similar story unfolded in December when Leafs forward Joffrey Lupul tweeted a photo of the view from his Buffalo hotel and asked if there were any “windowless rooms.”
While it might all be in fun, I think everyone should be careful. One day Buffalo is going to snap and take revenge on all the cities that teased it. It’ll be like the end of Carrie, except Buffalo can’t set stuff on fire with its mind.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17