Feb 23, 2012, 6:13 PM EDT
Poor Buffalo – always getting picked on. The latest to pile on was Bruins forward Brad Marchand, who went on Boston radio today and called Buffalo the “worst place in the NHL.”
Nose Face added: “I’m not too excited to go there, but I’ll be excited to leave.”
Predictably, Marchand apologized upon the Bruins’ arrival in Buffalo for tomorrow’s game. You know the routine – he was just having fun, he hopes he didn’t offend anyone, etc.
In case you’re getting a sense of déjà vu, a similar story unfolded in December when Leafs forward Joffrey Lupul tweeted a photo of the view from his Buffalo hotel and asked if there were any “windowless rooms.”
While it might all be in fun, I think everyone should be careful. One day Buffalo is going to snap and take revenge on all the cities that teased it. It’ll be like the end of Carrie, except Buffalo can’t set stuff on fire with its mind.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63