Feb 17, 2012, 8:40 PM EDT
Following the Detroit Red Wings’ record-breaking night on Tuesday, PHT asked readers a simple question: when will the historic home winning streak end? The Nashville Predators are aiming to do just that tonight, although Detroit currently has a 1-0 lead at the end of the first period.
The poll includes all 14 remaining home games and one brazen option: that they’ll run the table and win every contest. Here are the five most popular responses:
Almost a quarter of readers tabbed the Feb. 23 game against the Vancouver Canucks as the one that will do it, although it was a four-horse race. Interestingly enough, about 63 percent of voters believe that the streak will end within the next three contests – which all provide significant challenges.
The other interesting result is that almost 20 percent of the votes went to Detroit running the table. Is that a sign that Red Wings fans turned out in droves or perhaps that the team simply is that tough at home?
It’ll be interesting to see when – or if – that streak ends this season. In case you’re wondering, the Red Wings face the Florida Panthers on April Fool’s Day, so that would be possibly the goofiest way to end it …
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 21
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 83
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 38
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 70
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7