Feb 17, 2012, 8:40 PM EDT
Following the Detroit Red Wings’ record-breaking night on Tuesday, PHT asked readers a simple question: when will the historic home winning streak end? The Nashville Predators are aiming to do just that tonight, although Detroit currently has a 1-0 lead at the end of the first period.
The poll includes all 14 remaining home games and one brazen option: that they’ll run the table and win every contest. Here are the five most popular responses:
Almost a quarter of readers tabbed the Feb. 23 game against the Vancouver Canucks as the one that will do it, although it was a four-horse race. Interestingly enough, about 63 percent of voters believe that the streak will end within the next three contests – which all provide significant challenges.
The other interesting result is that almost 20 percent of the votes went to Detroit running the table. Is that a sign that Red Wings fans turned out in droves or perhaps that the team simply is that tough at home?
It’ll be interesting to see when – or if – that streak ends this season. In case you’re wondering, the Red Wings face the Florida Panthers on April Fool’s Day, so that would be possibly the goofiest way to end it …
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 93
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)