Feb 17, 2012, 8:40 PM EDT
Following the Detroit Red Wings’ record-breaking night on Tuesday, PHT asked readers a simple question: when will the historic home winning streak end? The Nashville Predators are aiming to do just that tonight, although Detroit currently has a 1-0 lead at the end of the first period.
The poll includes all 14 remaining home games and one brazen option: that they’ll run the table and win every contest. Here are the five most popular responses:
Almost a quarter of readers tabbed the Feb. 23 game against the Vancouver Canucks as the one that will do it, although it was a four-horse race. Interestingly enough, about 63 percent of voters believe that the streak will end within the next three contests – which all provide significant challenges.
The other interesting result is that almost 20 percent of the votes went to Detroit running the table. Is that a sign that Red Wings fans turned out in droves or perhaps that the team simply is that tough at home?
It’ll be interesting to see when – or if – that streak ends this season. In case you’re wondering, the Red Wings face the Florida Panthers on April Fool’s Day, so that would be possibly the goofiest way to end it …
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 5
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 7
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 15
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 2
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)