Feb 13, 2012, 9:33 AM EDT
If nothing else, Zac Rinaldo has found a way to make an impression around the league with his feisty, physical play. During last night’s Flyers loss to Detroit, however, he managed to catch the eye of the NHL with his charge on Jonathan Ericsson.
Brendan Shanahan will be meeting with Rinaldo today to discuss his hit on Ericsson that put Ericsson down on the ice and earned Rinaldo a two-minute minor for charging.
Rinaldo was fined just last week for two separate incidents in a game so heading into his hearing today he’s got a very recent prior record of offenses. That’s not going to help him when it comes to possibly avoiding a suspension.
For what it’s worth, Rinaldo has not been suspended in the NHL but has seen his fair share of time off in the AHL.
What do you think though? Check out the hit and judge for yourself.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 26
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 26
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)