Feb 13, 2012, 9:33 AM EDT
If nothing else, Zac Rinaldo has found a way to make an impression around the league with his feisty, physical play. During last night’s Flyers loss to Detroit, however, he managed to catch the eye of the NHL with his charge on Jonathan Ericsson.
Brendan Shanahan will be meeting with Rinaldo today to discuss his hit on Ericsson that put Ericsson down on the ice and earned Rinaldo a two-minute minor for charging.
Rinaldo was fined just last week for two separate incidents in a game so heading into his hearing today he’s got a very recent prior record of offenses. That’s not going to help him when it comes to possibly avoiding a suspension.
For what it’s worth, Rinaldo has not been suspended in the NHL but has seen his fair share of time off in the AHL.
What do you think though? Check out the hit and judge for yourself.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)