Feb 13, 2012, 9:33 AM EST
If nothing else, Zac Rinaldo has found a way to make an impression around the league with his feisty, physical play. During last night’s Flyers loss to Detroit, however, he managed to catch the eye of the NHL with his charge on Jonathan Ericsson.
Brendan Shanahan will be meeting with Rinaldo today to discuss his hit on Ericsson that put Ericsson down on the ice and earned Rinaldo a two-minute minor for charging.
Rinaldo was fined just last week for two separate incidents in a game so heading into his hearing today he’s got a very recent prior record of offenses. That’s not going to help him when it comes to possibly avoiding a suspension.
For what it’s worth, Rinaldo has not been suspended in the NHL but has seen his fair share of time off in the AHL.
What do you think though? Check out the hit and judge for yourself.
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 3
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 6
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 9
- Steen agrees to extension with Blues — three years, $17.4 million 17
- Engelland suspended five games for ‘reckless’ Abdelkader headshot 32
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: So many bad contracts, coaches on the hot seat, the NHL in Vegas? and more! 23
- Caps’ Wilson to have hearing for Schenn hit 40
- Is the NHL getting closer to putting a team in Vegas? 33
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 33
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 59
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)