Feb 13, 2012, 9:33 AM EDT
If nothing else, Zac Rinaldo has found a way to make an impression around the league with his feisty, physical play. During last night’s Flyers loss to Detroit, however, he managed to catch the eye of the NHL with his charge on Jonathan Ericsson.
Brendan Shanahan will be meeting with Rinaldo today to discuss his hit on Ericsson that put Ericsson down on the ice and earned Rinaldo a two-minute minor for charging.
Rinaldo was fined just last week for two separate incidents in a game so heading into his hearing today he’s got a very recent prior record of offenses. That’s not going to help him when it comes to possibly avoiding a suspension.
For what it’s worth, Rinaldo has not been suspended in the NHL but has seen his fair share of time off in the AHL.
What do you think though? Check out the hit and judge for yourself.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 11
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 20
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 31
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)