Feb 13, 2012, 9:33 AM EDT
If nothing else, Zac Rinaldo has found a way to make an impression around the league with his feisty, physical play. During last night’s Flyers loss to Detroit, however, he managed to catch the eye of the NHL with his charge on Jonathan Ericsson.
Brendan Shanahan will be meeting with Rinaldo today to discuss his hit on Ericsson that put Ericsson down on the ice and earned Rinaldo a two-minute minor for charging.
Rinaldo was fined just last week for two separate incidents in a game so heading into his hearing today he’s got a very recent prior record of offenses. That’s not going to help him when it comes to possibly avoiding a suspension.
For what it’s worth, Rinaldo has not been suspended in the NHL but has seen his fair share of time off in the AHL.
What do you think though? Check out the hit and judge for yourself.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 10
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 107
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (107)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)