Feb 4, 2012, 10:28 PM EDT
Zac Rinaldo had a costly day on Saturday. Rinaldo was fined a total of $5,000 for two separate incidents during Philadelphia’s 6-4 loss to New Jersey. The first incident came when Rinaldo delievered a late hit to Jacob Josefson in the second period. Rinaldo later slew footed Zach Parise in the third period, which led to Ilya Kovalchuk dropping the gloves and earning his first Gordie Howe hat trick.
You can see Rinaldo’s slew footing and the brawl that resulted from it below:
The NHL can only fine a player up to a maximum of $2,500 per incident and the money is put in the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40