Feb 4, 2012, 10:28 PM EDT
Zac Rinaldo had a costly day on Saturday. Rinaldo was fined a total of $5,000 for two separate incidents during Philadelphia’s 6-4 loss to New Jersey. The first incident came when Rinaldo delievered a late hit to Jacob Josefson in the second period. Rinaldo later slew footed Zach Parise in the third period, which led to Ilya Kovalchuk dropping the gloves and earning his first Gordie Howe hat trick.
You can see Rinaldo’s slew footing and the brawl that resulted from it below:
The NHL can only fine a player up to a maximum of $2,500 per incident and the money is put in the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5