Feb 4, 2012, 10:28 PM EDT
Zac Rinaldo had a costly day on Saturday. Rinaldo was fined a total of $5,000 for two separate incidents during Philadelphia’s 6-4 loss to New Jersey. The first incident came when Rinaldo delievered a late hit to Jacob Josefson in the second period. Rinaldo later slew footed Zach Parise in the third period, which led to Ilya Kovalchuk dropping the gloves and earning his first Gordie Howe hat trick.
You can see Rinaldo’s slew footing and the brawl that resulted from it below:
The NHL can only fine a player up to a maximum of $2,500 per incident and the money is put in the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63