Feb 4, 2012, 10:28 PM EDT
Zac Rinaldo had a costly day on Saturday. Rinaldo was fined a total of $5,000 for two separate incidents during Philadelphia’s 6-4 loss to New Jersey. The first incident came when Rinaldo delievered a late hit to Jacob Josefson in the second period. Rinaldo later slew footed Zach Parise in the third period, which led to Ilya Kovalchuk dropping the gloves and earning his first Gordie Howe hat trick.
You can see Rinaldo’s slew footing and the brawl that resulted from it below:
The NHL can only fine a player up to a maximum of $2,500 per incident and the money is put in the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 0
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22