Feb 8, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
Lindy Ruff’s broken ribs are going to keep him out of action tonight.
Bill Hoppe of the Niagara Gazette reports that Patrick will handle the head coaching duties tonight while fellow assistants Kevyn Adams and Teppo Numminen will take care of the other jobs on the bench. Patrick will be handling line changes for the forwards while Adams will take care of the defense. Numminen joins the team on the bench after doing his work in the press box.
Ruff has been coaching the Sabres since 1997-1998 and hasn’t missed a game during his tenure until tonight. Hoppe reports that Ruff will at least be in the building for tonight’s game, just not on the bench barking orders at his players or complaints towards officials. Here’s to hoping that Ryan Miller can go without getting run over tonight so Ruff doesn’t blow a gasket and hurt himself anymore.
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 6
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 2
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 54
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)