Feb 8, 2012, 11:29 AM EST
Lindy Ruff’s broken ribs are going to keep him out of action tonight.
Bill Hoppe of the Niagara Gazette reports that Patrick will handle the head coaching duties tonight while fellow assistants Kevyn Adams and Teppo Numminen will take care of the other jobs on the bench. Patrick will be handling line changes for the forwards while Adams will take care of the defense. Numminen joins the team on the bench after doing his work in the press box.
Ruff has been coaching the Sabres since 1997-1998 and hasn’t missed a game during his tenure until tonight. Hoppe reports that Ruff will at least be in the building for tonight’s game, just not on the bench barking orders at his players or complaints towards officials. Here’s to hoping that Ryan Miller can go without getting run over tonight so Ruff doesn’t blow a gasket and hurt himself anymore.
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 0
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 52
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (52)