Feb 8, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
Lindy Ruff’s broken ribs are going to keep him out of action tonight.
Bill Hoppe of the Niagara Gazette reports that Patrick will handle the head coaching duties tonight while fellow assistants Kevyn Adams and Teppo Numminen will take care of the other jobs on the bench. Patrick will be handling line changes for the forwards while Adams will take care of the defense. Numminen joins the team on the bench after doing his work in the press box.
Ruff has been coaching the Sabres since 1997-1998 and hasn’t missed a game during his tenure until tonight. Hoppe reports that Ruff will at least be in the building for tonight’s game, just not on the bench barking orders at his players or complaints towards officials. Here’s to hoping that Ryan Miller can go without getting run over tonight so Ruff doesn’t blow a gasket and hurt himself anymore.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)