Feb 8, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
Lindy Ruff’s broken ribs are going to keep him out of action tonight.
Bill Hoppe of the Niagara Gazette reports that Patrick will handle the head coaching duties tonight while fellow assistants Kevyn Adams and Teppo Numminen will take care of the other jobs on the bench. Patrick will be handling line changes for the forwards while Adams will take care of the defense. Numminen joins the team on the bench after doing his work in the press box.
Ruff has been coaching the Sabres since 1997-1998 and hasn’t missed a game during his tenure until tonight. Hoppe reports that Ruff will at least be in the building for tonight’s game, just not on the bench barking orders at his players or complaints towards officials. Here’s to hoping that Ryan Miller can go without getting run over tonight so Ruff doesn’t blow a gasket and hurt himself anymore.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 57
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 27
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15