Jan 31, 2012, 5:36 PM EDT
Yesterday we posted on the possibility of the Detroit Red Wings acquiring Canadiens forward Travis Moen to bulk up for the playoffs. Today we’re wondering if he’ll even be on the market prior to the Feb. 27 trade deadline.
CJAD 800 in Montreal reports that Moen, currently out with an upper-body injury, “has to undergo another test that could confirm more bad news, that the gritty forward will be out for a longer term than expected as well.”
Not that a team will automatically pass on Moen just because he’s out of the line-up. If he’s fully expected to be back by the playoffs, who really cares if he’s out now, or at the trade deadline for that matter?
Stay tuned to PHT as Moen Watch 2012 continues.
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 5
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 6
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 48
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)