Jan 31, 2012, 5:36 PM EST
Yesterday we posted on the possibility of the Detroit Red Wings acquiring Canadiens forward Travis Moen to bulk up for the playoffs. Today we’re wondering if he’ll even be on the market prior to the Feb. 27 trade deadline.
CJAD 800 in Montreal reports that Moen, currently out with an upper-body injury, “has to undergo another test that could confirm more bad news, that the gritty forward will be out for a longer term than expected as well.”
Not that a team will automatically pass on Moen just because he’s out of the line-up. If he’s fully expected to be back by the playoffs, who really cares if he’s out now, or at the trade deadline for that matter?
Stay tuned to PHT as Moen Watch 2012 continues.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 38
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 115
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (115)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)