Jan 31, 2012, 5:36 PM EDT
Yesterday we posted on the possibility of the Detroit Red Wings acquiring Canadiens forward Travis Moen to bulk up for the playoffs. Today we’re wondering if he’ll even be on the market prior to the Feb. 27 trade deadline.
CJAD 800 in Montreal reports that Moen, currently out with an upper-body injury, “has to undergo another test that could confirm more bad news, that the gritty forward will be out for a longer term than expected as well.”
Not that a team will automatically pass on Moen just because he’s out of the line-up. If he’s fully expected to be back by the playoffs, who really cares if he’s out now, or at the trade deadline for that matter?
Stay tuned to PHT as Moen Watch 2012 continues.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)