Jan 31, 2012, 5:36 PM EST
Yesterday we posted on the possibility of the Detroit Red Wings acquiring Canadiens forward Travis Moen to bulk up for the playoffs. Today we’re wondering if he’ll even be on the market prior to the Feb. 27 trade deadline.
CJAD 800 in Montreal reports that Moen, currently out with an upper-body injury, “has to undergo another test that could confirm more bad news, that the gritty forward will be out for a longer term than expected as well.”
Not that a team will automatically pass on Moen just because he’s out of the line-up. If he’s fully expected to be back by the playoffs, who really cares if he’s out now, or at the trade deadline for that matter?
Stay tuned to PHT as Moen Watch 2012 continues.
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 2
- Flames place Giordano on IR 3
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 26
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 62
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 41
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (115)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)