Jan 31, 2012, 5:36 PM EDT
Yesterday we posted on the possibility of the Detroit Red Wings acquiring Canadiens forward Travis Moen to bulk up for the playoffs. Today we’re wondering if he’ll even be on the market prior to the Feb. 27 trade deadline.
CJAD 800 in Montreal reports that Moen, currently out with an upper-body injury, “has to undergo another test that could confirm more bad news, that the gritty forward will be out for a longer term than expected as well.”
Not that a team will automatically pass on Moen just because he’s out of the line-up. If he’s fully expected to be back by the playoffs, who really cares if he’s out now, or at the trade deadline for that matter?
Stay tuned to PHT as Moen Watch 2012 continues.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)