Jan 17, 2012, 12:07 PM EDT
Dave Lozo of NHL.com reports Nashville has ruled out All-Star defenseman Ryan Suter for tonight’s game in New York against the Rangers. Head coach Barry Trotz made the announcement a short while ago, hardly surprising given what transpired yesterday in the Predators’ 3-1 win over the Isles.
Suter, who came into the game nursing an upper-body injury, exited the contest after the first period and didn’t return. The move was initially thought to be precautionary — the Preds jumped out to a 3-0 lead after one — but following the contest Trotz said that Suter’s injury was still bothering him and that he’d be questionable for today’s game.
Now, Suter’s out.
It’s a tough loss for Nashville heading into one of its biggest games of the year. The Preds are red hot, having won five in a row, and are playing on one of the biggest stages of the year: Madison Square Garden, in a nationally-televised contest (Preds-Rangers is on NBC Sports Network tonight at 7:30 p.m. ET). Nashville is also one win away from matching the longest winning streak in franchise history — six games, a mark set back during the 2003-04 season.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (56)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)