Jan 17, 2012, 12:07 PM EST
Dave Lozo of NHL.com reports Nashville has ruled out All-Star defenseman Ryan Suter for tonight’s game in New York against the Rangers. Head coach Barry Trotz made the announcement a short while ago, hardly surprising given what transpired yesterday in the Predators’ 3-1 win over the Isles.
Suter, who came into the game nursing an upper-body injury, exited the contest after the first period and didn’t return. The move was initially thought to be precautionary — the Preds jumped out to a 3-0 lead after one — but following the contest Trotz said that Suter’s injury was still bothering him and that he’d be questionable for today’s game.
Now, Suter’s out.
It’s a tough loss for Nashville heading into one of its biggest games of the year. The Preds are red hot, having won five in a row, and are playing on one of the biggest stages of the year: Madison Square Garden, in a nationally-televised contest (Preds-Rangers is on NBC Sports Network tonight at 7:30 p.m. ET). Nashville is also one win away from matching the longest winning streak in franchise history — six games, a mark set back during the 2003-04 season.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)