Jan 16, 2012, 4:27 PM EDT
Canucks coach Alain Vigneault didn’t say anything yesterday after his team’s 4-2 loss to the Ducks that hasn’t been said before – Ryan Kesler needs to “use the players around him a bit more.”
After scoring 41 goals last season, Kesler has only 12 so far in 2011-12, including just six even strength (when he doesn’t get to play with the Sedins).
Similar to the criticism Alex Ovechkin has faced, Kesler has been accused of falling in love with his shot to the point of becoming utterly predictable when he carries the puck into the attacking zone. The result? Shot after shot bouncing off defensemen’s shin-pads.
But according to Kesler, Vigneault’s never told him anything about using his teammates more. And judging by Kesler’s comments today, he doesn’t appreciate hearing his coach’s criticisms from the media, as opposed to from the coach himself.
“I don’t know what [Vigneault] means by that,” he told reporters. “If he wants to say that, he can come to me and talk to me about it.”
In a related story, Fight! Fight! Fight!
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)