Jan 16, 2012, 4:27 PM EDT
Canucks coach Alain Vigneault didn’t say anything yesterday after his team’s 4-2 loss to the Ducks that hasn’t been said before – Ryan Kesler needs to “use the players around him a bit more.”
After scoring 41 goals last season, Kesler has only 12 so far in 2011-12, including just six even strength (when he doesn’t get to play with the Sedins).
Similar to the criticism Alex Ovechkin has faced, Kesler has been accused of falling in love with his shot to the point of becoming utterly predictable when he carries the puck into the attacking zone. The result? Shot after shot bouncing off defensemen’s shin-pads.
But according to Kesler, Vigneault’s never told him anything about using his teammates more. And judging by Kesler’s comments today, he doesn’t appreciate hearing his coach’s criticisms from the media, as opposed to from the coach himself.
“I don’t know what [Vigneault] means by that,” he told reporters. “If he wants to say that, he can come to me and talk to me about it.”
In a related story, Fight! Fight! Fight!
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)