Jan 16, 2012, 4:27 PM EST
Canucks coach Alain Vigneault didn’t say anything yesterday after his team’s 4-2 loss to the Ducks that hasn’t been said before – Ryan Kesler needs to “use the players around him a bit more.”
After scoring 41 goals last season, Kesler has only 12 so far in 2011-12, including just six even strength (when he doesn’t get to play with the Sedins).
Similar to the criticism Alex Ovechkin has faced, Kesler has been accused of falling in love with his shot to the point of becoming utterly predictable when he carries the puck into the attacking zone. The result? Shot after shot bouncing off defensemen’s shin-pads.
But according to Kesler, Vigneault’s never told him anything about using his teammates more. And judging by Kesler’s comments today, he doesn’t appreciate hearing his coach’s criticisms from the media, as opposed to from the coach himself.
“I don’t know what [Vigneault] means by that,” he told reporters. “If he wants to say that, he can come to me and talk to me about it.”
In a related story, Fight! Fight! Fight!
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)