Jan 16, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
The Big Question will be a weekly feature on PHT where we ask a question, provide some background and ask you, the reader, to weigh in with your opinions.
Today’s question: Which player is having the most disappointing season?
Last week the NHL announced its 2012 All-Star roster, a collection of players that are having superb seasons. But enough with all that celebrating the good – let’s get down to blasting the bad.
There’s no shortage of underperformers in 2011-12. A few to consider:
Ville Leino – Signed with the Sabres for $27 million over six years. Has three goals in 33 games.
Ryan Kesler – Scored 41 times last year for the Canucks. Just 12 goals so far, and only six of them even strength (read: without the Sedins).
Dwayne Roloson – Horrendous numbers (3.68 GAA, .880) for the guy that helped the Lightning get to within a game of the 2011 Stanley Cup finals.
Eric Staal – One of the league’s top snipers is on pace for 19 goals with a minus-37 rating.
Brenden Morrow – Seven goals in 37 games for a guy that scored 33 last year. Plus, he plays on a team without a ton of depth, so it hurts even more.
Lubomir Visnovsky – Not even close to producing at the same “top scoring defenseman in the NHL” rate as 2010-11.
Ilya Bryzgalov – A huge concern for the Flyers. Bryzgalov is signed for big money until 2020 and in his first season in Philly has some of the worst goalie statistics in the league.
OK, your turn – go say mean things about players that are letting you down.
- Tortorella takes blame for top players’ struggles 6
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 33
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 68
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 33
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona
- Play Video: Howard with a couple of tremendous saves in Game 5
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins move onto Eastern Conference finals
- Play Video: Lundqvist takes one away from Lucic
- Play Video: Stepan's face takes a beating
- Play Video: Dorsett vs. Thornton
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on