Jan 16, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
The Big Question will be a weekly feature on PHT where we ask a question, provide some background and ask you, the reader, to weigh in with your opinions.
Today’s question: Which player is having the most disappointing season?
Last week the NHL announced its 2012 All-Star roster, a collection of players that are having superb seasons. But enough with all that celebrating the good – let’s get down to blasting the bad.
There’s no shortage of underperformers in 2011-12. A few to consider:
Ville Leino – Signed with the Sabres for $27 million over six years. Has three goals in 33 games.
Ryan Kesler – Scored 41 times last year for the Canucks. Just 12 goals so far, and only six of them even strength (read: without the Sedins).
Dwayne Roloson – Horrendous numbers (3.68 GAA, .880) for the guy that helped the Lightning get to within a game of the 2011 Stanley Cup finals.
Eric Staal – One of the league’s top snipers is on pace for 19 goals with a minus-37 rating.
Brenden Morrow – Seven goals in 37 games for a guy that scored 33 last year. Plus, he plays on a team without a ton of depth, so it hurts even more.
Lubomir Visnovsky – Not even close to producing at the same “top scoring defenseman in the NHL” rate as 2010-11.
Ilya Bryzgalov – A huge concern for the Flyers. Bryzgalov is signed for big money until 2020 and in his first season in Philly has some of the worst goalie statistics in the league.
OK, your turn – go say mean things about players that are letting you down.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 60
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 35
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 31
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 19
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)