Jan 16, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
The Big Question will be a weekly feature on PHT where we ask a question, provide some background and ask you, the reader, to weigh in with your opinions.
Today’s question: Which player is having the most disappointing season?
Last week the NHL announced its 2012 All-Star roster, a collection of players that are having superb seasons. But enough with all that celebrating the good – let’s get down to blasting the bad.
There’s no shortage of underperformers in 2011-12. A few to consider:
Ville Leino – Signed with the Sabres for $27 million over six years. Has three goals in 33 games.
Ryan Kesler – Scored 41 times last year for the Canucks. Just 12 goals so far, and only six of them even strength (read: without the Sedins).
Dwayne Roloson – Horrendous numbers (3.68 GAA, .880) for the guy that helped the Lightning get to within a game of the 2011 Stanley Cup finals.
Eric Staal – One of the league’s top snipers is on pace for 19 goals with a minus-37 rating.
Brenden Morrow – Seven goals in 37 games for a guy that scored 33 last year. Plus, he plays on a team without a ton of depth, so it hurts even more.
Lubomir Visnovsky – Not even close to producing at the same “top scoring defenseman in the NHL” rate as 2010-11.
Ilya Bryzgalov – A huge concern for the Flyers. Bryzgalov is signed for big money until 2020 and in his first season in Philly has some of the worst goalie statistics in the league.
OK, your turn – go say mean things about players that are letting you down.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 18
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 35
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)