Jan 16, 2012, 3:07 PM EDT
We wouldn’t say Twitter is blowing up with speculation that Anaheim tough guy George Parros could be on his way to Vancouver, but the rumor – courtesy Sportsnet’s Doug MacLean – is getting its share of attention.
Here’s why the story could be true:
—-The Canucks, in the opinion of many, lack toughness. There’s nobody on Vancouver that strikes fear into the hearts of the opponent and there’s no question teams take liberties with the Sedins.
—-Canucks GM Mike Gillis said last week that he was looking for “players who bring more balance to our team in certain areas.”
—-Parros is a pending UFA with a manageable $875,000 cap hit.
—-Parros went to Princeton and Gillis likes smart guys.
Here’s why the story could be bunk:
—-The Canucks have always said they covet tough players that can contribute in other areas, and Parros has always been a 5-6 minutes-per-game guy.
—-TSN’s Bob McKenzie: “Can tell you ANA and VAN have not had single discussion on Parros.”
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 24
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 12
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 46
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (46)