Jan 16, 2012, 6:12 PM EST
Green’s injury was once thought to be a groin issue, at least publicly, but now it appears the ailment is above his waist. He was placed on long-term injured reserve on Thursday which made Feb. 1 his earliest possible return date. But after having surgery Green could be out until mid-February or even later.
No word on what exactly the surgery is intended to fix. Green said earlier this season he didn’t think he’d be 100-percent healthy “for a long time” and that his injury was something he might “have to be cognizant of” the rest of his career.
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 0
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3