Jan 16, 2012, 6:12 PM EDT
Green’s injury was once thought to be a groin issue, at least publicly, but now it appears the ailment is above his waist. He was placed on long-term injured reserve on Thursday which made Feb. 1 his earliest possible return date. But after having surgery Green could be out until mid-February or even later.
No word on what exactly the surgery is intended to fix. Green said earlier this season he didn’t think he’d be 100-percent healthy “for a long time” and that his injury was something he might “have to be cognizant of” the rest of his career.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 0
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55