Dec 27, 2011, 1:11 PM EDT
Mike Green‘s bad groin is just about healed up and he could be back in action for the Capitals as soon as Friday.
CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley reports from Caps practice this morning that Green was taking regular turns on the power play and that Green says he “just needs to get his lungs and legs back” and he’ll be ready to go.
“I think I’m going to have to be cognizant of this through the rest of my career, probably,” Green says. “…I don’t think I’ll be 100 percent for a long time.”
Well that’s not encouraging for either Green or the Capitals.
As we’ve seen, the Caps are worse off without Green on the blue line to provide their power play with a true No. 1 guy to run things and their offense just doesn’t click as well without him. Green’s absence isn’t the only thing holding the Caps back, they’ve got other issues too, but without Green they’re not the same.
Besides, who else is there to ride a Vespa scooter to and from practice without him?
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 0
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 17
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (36)