Dec 27, 2011, 1:11 PM EDT
Mike Green‘s bad groin is just about healed up and he could be back in action for the Capitals as soon as Friday.
CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley reports from Caps practice this morning that Green was taking regular turns on the power play and that Green says he “just needs to get his lungs and legs back” and he’ll be ready to go.
“I think I’m going to have to be cognizant of this through the rest of my career, probably,” Green says. “…I don’t think I’ll be 100 percent for a long time.”
Well that’s not encouraging for either Green or the Capitals.
As we’ve seen, the Caps are worse off without Green on the blue line to provide their power play with a true No. 1 guy to run things and their offense just doesn’t click as well without him. Green’s absence isn’t the only thing holding the Caps back, they’ve got other issues too, but without Green they’re not the same.
Besides, who else is there to ride a Vespa scooter to and from practice without him?
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 16
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 19
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 38
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)