Dec 27, 2011, 1:11 PM EDT
Mike Green‘s bad groin is just about healed up and he could be back in action for the Capitals as soon as Friday.
CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley reports from Caps practice this morning that Green was taking regular turns on the power play and that Green says he “just needs to get his lungs and legs back” and he’ll be ready to go.
“I think I’m going to have to be cognizant of this through the rest of my career, probably,” Green says. “…I don’t think I’ll be 100 percent for a long time.”
Well that’s not encouraging for either Green or the Capitals.
As we’ve seen, the Caps are worse off without Green on the blue line to provide their power play with a true No. 1 guy to run things and their offense just doesn’t click as well without him. Green’s absence isn’t the only thing holding the Caps back, they’ve got other issues too, but without Green they’re not the same.
Besides, who else is there to ride a Vespa scooter to and from practice without him?
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)