Dec 27, 2011, 1:11 PM EDT
Mike Green‘s bad groin is just about healed up and he could be back in action for the Capitals as soon as Friday.
CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley reports from Caps practice this morning that Green was taking regular turns on the power play and that Green says he “just needs to get his lungs and legs back” and he’ll be ready to go.
“I think I’m going to have to be cognizant of this through the rest of my career, probably,” Green says. “…I don’t think I’ll be 100 percent for a long time.”
Well that’s not encouraging for either Green or the Capitals.
As we’ve seen, the Caps are worse off without Green on the blue line to provide their power play with a true No. 1 guy to run things and their offense just doesn’t click as well without him. Green’s absence isn’t the only thing holding the Caps back, they’ve got other issues too, but without Green they’re not the same.
Besides, who else is there to ride a Vespa scooter to and from practice without him?
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 24
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 34
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 18
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)