Dec 27, 2011, 1:11 PM EST
Mike Green‘s bad groin is just about healed up and he could be back in action for the Capitals as soon as Friday.
CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley reports from Caps practice this morning that Green was taking regular turns on the power play and that Green says he “just needs to get his lungs and legs back” and he’ll be ready to go.
“I think I’m going to have to be cognizant of this through the rest of my career, probably,” Green says. ”…I don’t think I’ll be 100 percent for a long time.”
Well that’s not encouraging for either Green or the Capitals.
As we’ve seen, the Caps are worse off without Green on the blue line to provide their power play with a true No. 1 guy to run things and their offense just doesn’t click as well without him. Green’s absence isn’t the only thing holding the Caps back, they’ve got other issues too, but without Green they’re not the same.
Besides, who else is there to ride a Vespa scooter to and from practice without him?
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 15
- BREAKING: Flames fire Feaster 32
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 77
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)